Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone from Georgia or the surrounding states?

• 2 months later...
yeah that's not too far.. wish there were more guys.. we could do a nice meet in the mountains and hit some dirt!

More guys? Hell, all I see is more guys. The whole board is a dang sausage fest. We need some more hot single ladies that run EA81s....or at least enjoy the jumpseats in a Brat. :lol:

Emphasis on single, as I've seen a handful of hotties in Subies over the years, but most are married, or firmly attached at the hip.

/end daydream

sausage fest, hahaha. you're right though... these cars are definitely not pimpin' rides. unless you lower it and tint the windows and put a huge system in it, but that's not the reason most of us buy our subes. but yes, we have to have a southeast meet sometime soon, hopefully in the snow.:brow:

Why don't we do like the rest of the southern subarus and meet somewhere around the Dragon in Deals Gap, NC? It's right on the TN/NC border and not that far from GA. All the peoples from Nasioc have a big Subaru meet there around Memorial day. I know there are some trail/gravel runs, they aren't too extreme since they run Foresters and Imprezas on it, but it could be fun.

I went last year and had a good time though I was driving my '05 RS at the time. I know a guy who organizes it, he'd know more about the trail stuff. I can find out if you guys like.

I'd really be down for a SE meet, not a lot of us around, that drive the old stuff anyway.

Mine seems to be getting old, if that counts for something? :)

And my sis used to have an 81 GL or DL 2 door in hmm.. 89 maybe? Does that count? I taught myself to drive stick with it cause it idled at 1700, was nearly impossible to stall it, no gas needed to get moving ;)

But getting back to the meet, I'd be up for some trail driving.. Haven't gone out in a few years.. I should post some pics of me going through a 100 ft mud pit forward and then backward from when I first got my Outback.. crazy day :)

As long as we don't meet in Lumberton, NC I'll go.. That place HATES my car.. I've had *3* problems in that town now.. Twice resulted in needing a tow to Fayetteville.. Thankfully my car restarted on its own last week there.. That town is cursed! :mad:

okay... what days does everybody get off?? i get monday and tuesday nights off... but i think i could manage to get a weekend off if I talked to the boss. who wants to set a date? i'll be getting the cat for my car in about a week so... it should be driveable soon. but it desperately needs tires. but everybody should start thinking of a weekend they could set aside and wouldn't be too inconvenient to anybody at the workplace.

Well, I'm in East TN also, and Deal's Gap would be a cool place to meet. I'm counting on my car as a daily driver, so I don't think I'd really want to take it off-roading. It's been a big enough nuisance having to do without it while I've been working on it the last few weeks... :(

Running down the tail of the Dragon would be fun, and probably I wouldn't need a tow back.

Welcome to the board. how long have you known about this board? you'll get alot of tips for fixing your car. plenty of experienced subaru mechs here. i think kingsport is a little far for the floridians to drive... but then again it's not like it's really any closer than n.c. kingsport's not far from morristown, only about 60 miles or so. about this tail of the dragon... how difficult of a trail is it?