Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just wondering about ride height...

Ok, on my 93 legacy wagon, why do i feel so low to the ground but when i steep in a new impreza it feels higher? It sits lower though! and the seats are at the same height. Now i was wondering if u put outback shock on my legacy will it be a bolt up setup? ANd will it sit higher? THanks.

Why does it sit up higher? The newer cars have a "higher" feeling to them. The doors are a little shorter and the cars overall design makes the driver feel more on top of the car.

You don't want higher struts unless you're going off roading. It makes no sense to do it otherwise. Most people complain about the obscene stock ride height.

Now i was wondering if u put outback shock on my legacy will it be a bolt up setup? ANd will it sit higher? THanks.

yes ive seen 90-94 legos on ob f+r susp. ive also seen it done right using the frame member spacer and various other susp parts off the donor OB. the result: 2" higher in your lego...just as tall as any other OB on the road.

yes ive seen 90-94 legos on ob f+r susp. ive also seen it done right using the frame member spacer and various other susp parts off the donor OB. the result: 2" higher in your lego...just as tall as any other OB on the road.

Thanks, just my front shocks i think might be a little worn out though, whats the stock ride height? Like from the ground to the bumper in the front, and how much in the back? thanks guys.

What is different, suspension-wise between Legacys and Outback of the same generation? I was under the impression it's just the struts and maybe the springs. Where is the frame member spacer?

cheers,

matt

What is different, suspension-wise between Legacys and Outback of the same generation? I was under the impression it's just the struts and maybe the springs. Where is the frame member spacer?

cheers,

matt

I cannot answer your first question. All of the OB lifting i have done was on gen 1 legos. The frame member spacers are located between in line with the bolts that keep your engine on the frame in the engine compartment. there are two and they are situated between the engine and frame and have 2 bolts per spacer. if i remember correctly they also have some sort of platic part over the bolts. they are crucial for your susp swap to be done right. the spacers were in all pre '00 OB.

edit:

FREE RANGE does this stuff for breakfast. bother him about it.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=8697&sort=1&cat=500&page=1