Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ebay EJ20G

Alex GL-10

yeah that looks like about everything you would need for a swap only thing i can think of that is not shown is rear diff and axels. however i dont know how good of a deal that would be. the mileage is kinda high, and it looks kinda rough. i have done 2 swaps now. but both times i have bought compleat front clips... this is my prefered method, do to the fact that you know you have everything you need. yes i did pay a bit more for them but they had less than 50K miles on them and came with the compleat rear subframe with diff and rear axles. and you get the front susp and brakes that you can put on your GL and have way better brakes.

just my $0.02

-=Suberdave=-

www.suberdave.com

yeah that looks like about everything you would need for a swap only thing i can think of that is not shown is rear diff and axels. however i dont know how good of a deal that would be. the mileage is kinda high, and it looks kinda rough. i have done 2 swaps now. but both times i have bought compleat front clips... this is my prefered method, do to the fact that you know you have everything you need. yes i did pay a bit more for them but they had less than 50K miles on them and came with the compleat rear subframe with diff and rear axles. and you get the front susp and brakes that you can put on your GL and have way better brakes.

just my $0.02

-=Suberdave=-

www.suberdave.com

Where are you getting your front clips from?

Where are you getting your front clips from?

i have bought both localy payed around $2500 but easily sold over $500 such as alum. lower control arms rear disk brakes, front bumper cover, alum. hood, turbo cross member, ect...

one i bought off the bay of E. just happeded to be 30 mins from my house, and the other from a vender also about 30 mins away.

i see them on the net for about that price every once in a while, but would have to pay shipping. i guess im lucky, these two just came along at the right time...

-=Suberdave=-

www.suberdave.com

JHot is a pretty reputatble company, I have purcahsed many things from them, all quality goods. If it weren't for the fact that they are on the other side of the USA from me, I would have probably purchased more, including this engine setup.

JHot is a pretty reputatble company, I have purcahsed many things from them, all quality goods. If it weren't for the fact that they are on the other side of the USA from me, I would have probably purchased more, including this engine setup.

I am within a three hour drive of them so shipping is not a big deal for me.

What does the G stand for in EJ20G? Where can I find out more info about this engine?
'G' is the code for turbocharged DOHC, 'T' is the code for a turbocharged SOHC from 1985 to 1996 and on for some engines. For example, EA82T, SOHC turbo engine in EA82 series cars, the EJ22T, SOHC turbo engine in US Legacys from 1991 to 1994, the EJ20G, DOHC turbo engine in JDM (and others) Legacys 1989 to ??? and Impreza WRXs 1993 to 1996, with the exception of the 22B, it had the EJ22G, a 2.2 liter DOHC turbo engine. What information do you want to know about the engine.

'G' is the code for turbocharged DOHC, 'T' is the code for a turbocharged SOHC from 1985 to 1996 and on for some engines. For example, EA82T, SOHC turbo engine in EA82 series cars, the EJ22T, SOHC turbo engine in US Legacys from 1991 to 1994, the EJ20G, DOHC turbo engine in JDM (and others) Legacys 1989 to ??? and Impreza WRXs 1993 to 1996, with the exception of the 22B, it had the EJ22G, a 2.2 liter DOHC turbo engine. What information do you want to know about the engine.

In a post somewhere on here it said that some of these engines had forged internials from the factory.I was just wondering if there was somewhere that showed like hp, CR, stuff like that

In a post somewhere on here it said that some of these engines had forged internials from the factory.I was just wondering if there was somewhere that showed like hp, CR, stuff like that

Here is one link, http://grahamberry2.co.jp/impreza_gc8/ and here is another, http://www.catherineandken.co.uk/sti/engine.html . I hope that they help, as you can see, information differs depending upon where you look. By the way, this is only for engines in Imprezas, not Legacys (Libertys).