Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea81 won't shut off.. arg...

ahh forgot to mention its got a weber...

hehe yeah, we're scrapin the bottom of the barrel Dennis... but the RX will come to us soon enough :) you should see our fridge, lol, looks like and empty cave really..

been fightin with oil leaks, cooling issues, trans issues, carb issues, alternator issues.. but spendin as little as possible to skim along till we can get the RX from ya.. the hatch just has to run for a couple more weeks really.. after that, i'll be drivin the RX till i can get the $$ to fix the hatch the right way..

yeah man,

the RX is ready to go. you also have an entire parts car in case some freak thing happens but i doubt youll have anything to worry about for a long time my man...its not a new car but its been running that way.

sorry to hear about all the bad sh*t going on with the hatch, see you in 2 weeks...title is coming your way today.

are you talking about an aftermarket weber, or the stock carter/weber that came on soobs.

my motor did the same thing, it would idle fast, diesel after its turned off, and would be a pain to start. turns out that 2 of the 4 screws that held the carb to the baseplate were loose, the whole carb would jiggle on the manifold.

it is for this reason that i describe my motor as having a "floppy carb"

aftermarket weber 32/36 dgev to be exact.. this weekend i'll check for vacuum leaks.. i know it sounds different on this engine then it did on the last.. it sounds like its sucking air.. and no matter how far ya turn the mixture screw out it runs fine.. i know when it was on the old engine ya turn it too far out and it'd die.. really all i did was swap intake manifolds, with new gaskets of course.. so not sure why it'd be different..