Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Automatic seatbelt fuse location

Also submitted to the repair manual area

Searched for automatic seatbelts fuse here, didn't find it, but did manage to find out myself.

The fuse is located in the fuse box with the rest of them, but it isn't labeled belts, or auto belts. Its in the top row of fuses, 5th from the left and is labeled

15A

horn

clock

hazard

Mine stopped working remaining in the forward position whether doors open or closed etc. Immediately started working after fuse was replaced.

I think it would be easy to overlook not only because it isn't labeled, but I didn't notice hazards and horn weren't working and my clock is digi and not hooked into that fuse.

• 5 years later...

Just to add a bit of information-

At least on my car, this fuse isn't the only one for the auto belts.

I found that with the fuse removed, it made the belts automatically power themselves to the rear position. My rear limit switch must have been a bit sticky, as the motor buzzed a bit (with the belt all the way back) before it decided it was done.

So if you're looking to *fix* your auto belts, definitely check this fuse, but note that there is at least one other fuse somewhere.

And if you're looking to *disable* the auto belts, the same applies- there is more to it than this, and it might not solve anything if your rear limit switches (or their wiring) are flaky or non-functional.

• 5 years later...

Hit a big puddle offroad yesterday and now my power windows, power seatbelts and turn signals are all inoperable. The lights will still flash when i press the hazard button. I did not check this fuse however, as my horn and clock still work...has anyone had this problem before? I was almost wondering if my ignition switch might be an issue as the components that no longer work all run off key on power.

In my 94 Loyale wagon the Auto seatbelts were removed but the control module was still causing a significant drain on the battery I could pull the horn,clock,hazard fuse and the drain would go away but I wouldn't have horn, clock, or hazard so I just unplugged the module and i haven't had an issue since. The module is located behind the rear plastic trim behind/above the wheel well.