Ultimate Subaru Message Board

honda accord springs KICK @SS!

cleanin up around the shop today and decided to haul off all the burned up tranny's layin around. I was amazed at what my car will haul with the accord front springs in the rear. 1035 pounds in the back, suspension dropped about 2 inches. Probably coulda fit another 400 in there, but decided half a ton was enough weight.

I highly recommend doing the spring upgrade.

cleanin up around the shop today and decided to haul off all the burned up tranny's layin around. I was amazed at what my car will haul with the accord front springs in the rear. 1035 pounds in the back, suspension dropped about 2 inches. Probably coulda fit another 400 in there, but decided half a ton was enough weight.

I highly recommend doing the spring upgrade.

Yeah, it's just like putting overload springs on a pickup. Mine used to sag like crazy with even a small load, but after the Accord springs, I could haul all kinds of crap back there and not even notice. :banana:

Maybe its just me then, but with the accord springs in the back of my wagon, my wagon was draggin @$$.

Oh well, its fine empty. :banana:

did you see the car the springs came from? check the odo? could be less than perfect springs?

my mouth is open, in case i have to stick my foot in again... but I read your comment and wondered if maybe your springs had been subjected to some extreme wear..

now that ive posted about it, i bet you went and just bought new stock springs and I just look like a donkey again. :lol:

86-89 Honda accord front springs. They should work on any EA82 body 84-94. Not positive how they'd affect a sedan or a FWD car, as the stock springs are different on those.

springs are identical on a FWD loyale (at least were on mine....). but the lower perch is about an inch higher on the 4WD model.

as for the 86-89, I think it actually goes 85-90. Mine may have been off a 90, or I saw a 90 at the yard that had the same springs on it. I got mine off a car with a manual tranny and no air conditioning. I'd hate to see how stiff the automatic with AC springs would be.

Best bet for mating the springs and struts is goto napa and buy a new set of sensatrac struts they are like 35 bucks a piece. well worth it because the peice of all-thread that the holds the top cap on, is VERY small on EA82 struts and I wouldnt take the chance of the threads stripping when you let off the spring compressor.

as for the 86-89, I think it actually goes 85-90. Mine may have been off a 90, or I saw a 90 at the yard that had the same springs on it. I got mine off a car with a manual tranny and no air conditioning. I'd hate to see how stiff the automatic with AC springs would be.

Mine were from an automatic with A/C, and they were pretty stiff. It was kinda rough going over big bumps at low speed, but man that thing could take frost heaves on the highway!