greg

EJ22 FTW

D/R 5MT, it was a DL, so it only came with the single range

TWB beefy bumpers, which were clearly up to the challenge

3 inch PK Davis/ OZified lift

28 inch SSR super swampers

Locked rear end

The large cheering section didn't hurt.

The Toyota guy was a good sport, and a nice guy, and what you don't see is that Turbone made it through that section in his Hatchback about a half an hour later, after all the other toyotas and Sami's tried.

oh no. 5 main bearings on a d/r tranny. I like that it took the extra power. I just purchased a d/r GL and was doubting the larger wheels that can be put on. If an ej didn't break anything, what I want to do should last.I only want smaller large like 27 inch.

My friend is a toyota mudding freak, I'm going to lead him to this video and make fun of him. :grin:

The axles on the EA-82 are remarkably robust, i've never broken one on or off road, but i'm pretty cautious.

I am switching to XT-6 outer bits and shafts soon, just need 4 boots, and 4 lower strut bolts, and i'll be 5 luggin in style.

I haven't ever broken one either.

Do you have any troubles with power steering?

Speaking of xt I found an xt 6 local for 300 obo. It must have the 5 lugs?

I did spot 4 flat alloys with a center cap, at a minumum 14 inch oem.Could easily make a decent project for someone. The body is toast.:)

friggin rock on...love that bunches. my favorite thing to do is park next to those big lifted trucks and jeeps that are all waxed up and shiney in my sub covered in mod...I kind of want to start carrying around like a jar with some mud in it and slap a little bit on those shiney "off road" vehicles...*shrugs*