Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA-82T Boosting question

:lol:

yeah and its got that grippy stuff so when the crimp starts leaking all over you can still get the filter off by hand.

Its not going to leak!!!! I dont know why you guys keep saying this.................. i do know that I am going to get my stuff from BAP from now on... i just got a Bosch Fuel Filter and Header Gaskets!!!! and they had them come from there warehouse to the location next to me in less then 3hours..... Thats service!!!!!!!!!!

K&N oil filters are overpriced and did some one mention OVERKILL!!!! there stupid! and they should stick to making airfilters thats what there good at!

Its not going to leak!!!! I dont know why you guys keep saying this.................. i do know that I am going to get my stuff from BAP from now on... i just got a Bosch Fuel Filter and Header Gaskets!!!! and they had them come from there warehouse to the location next to me in less then 3hours..... Thats service!!!!!!!!!!

K&N oil filters are overpriced and did some one mention OVERKILL!!!! there stupid! and they should stick to making airfilters thats what there good at!

Chase relax man.

you did admit to using a fram so you should expect some flack from those of us that have been in the business since before you were born. they do leak from time to time. they also have been known to cause complete engine failures when they fall apart internally. these are not just "old mechanic" stories passed down but things I and other mechanics I know have seen personally over the years.

now dont take offence. I know that you are a sharp guy and are learning tons every day. just rember im just like you but with 15 more years of real world automotive experience. its what ive done since before I was your age. the old saying "when you get to be my age you will understand" applies here.

this is a forum and things posted need to be viewed carefully. some bits of info are excelent but they can be hard to distinguish from the BS at times. dont get all excited and try to set the record "straight". it just leads to little battles and makes you frustrated.

now go fix your car and tell us how it runs and what you did. thats the good stuff around here. have fun.;)

Chase relax man.

you did admit to using a fram so you should expect some flack from those of us that have been in the business since before you were born. they do leak from time to time. they also have been known to cause complete engine failures when they fall apart internally. these are not just "old mechanic" stories passed down but things I and other mechanics I know have seen personally over the years.

now dont take offence. I know that you are a sharp guy and are learning tons every day. just rember im just like you but with 15 more years of real world automotive experience. its what ive done since before I was your age. the old saying "when you get to be my age you will understand" applies here.

this is a forum and things posted need to be viewed carefully. some bits of info are excelent but they can be hard to distinguish from the BS at times. dont get all excited and try to set the record "straight". it just leads to little battles and makes you frustrated.

now go fix your car and tell us how it runs and what you did. thats the good stuff around here. have fun.;)

Yar, what he said.

This site is a great stimulant for endorphins, in the minds of those of us who are coming to realize how much we don't know :grin: there truly is nothing like learning, and while reading is no substitute for experience, it still fires up the ol' neurons and grows new synapses, and thats always good stuff. Reading also results in fewer bashed fingers, cuts, and bruises. :rolleyes:

Yar, what he said.

This site is a great stimulant for endorphins, in the minds of those of us who are coming to realize how much we don't know :grin: there truly is nothing like learning, and while reading is no substitute for experience, it still fires up the ol' neurons and grows new synapses, and thats always good stuff. Reading also results in fewer bashed fingers, cuts, and bruises. QUOTE]

I still beat the crap out of my hands......................... AND TOO MANY BIG WORDS :confused: :confused: you made my brain hurt.

• 1 month later...