Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi all, Recently i got spoiler for my legacy, but with wrong color. I go to my local paintshop and ask them to paint it. But when I come back on the time it be ready but something go wrong. As the Deltron Acrylic come on the spoler the old paint did dissolve. The use primer paint and sand it after and on the edge the sanding go through the primer on to the old paint there it dissolve. It was like that the old paint did not hold on..... all advise will be very helpfull. Thanks

Take it back and tell them to do it right this time. Remove all of the old paint and scuff up the spoiler so new paint can stick. Then use a paint adhesion promoter before priming and then before putting down color and clear.
wet sand spoiler toget rid of the bad paint.be sure next time BASF paint is used.i do paint and bodywork for a living-trust me.if you have any more questions pm me.

wet sand spoiler toget rid of the bad paint.be sure next time BASF paint is used.i do paint and bodywork for a living-trust me.if you have any more questions pm me.

If he is having the problem I think he is having, the factory paint does not stick to the spoiler to begin with. So taking it all off and redoing it might make sense. Unless the only problem is where they sanded through, then they could just respray it. I'm not sure what he means by desolve.