Ultimate Subaru Message Board

On a lighter note, Subaru related

Not very often, but sometimes, we get a thread with complaints about folks not paying up or not producing parts. Minimal dishonesty, infrequently.

Check this out

Last Saturday, had a bunch of Subaru folks meet up at my house, seenig that it's close to I-5 and roughly half way between Eugene OR and Vancouver B.C.

Qman, Mike W, Mudrat, two of his buddies, Jim and Greg from B.C. Brian? from the board with the pretty black Brat, Tex, Syphon and Dante in attendance. Mee too. :D

John Mudrat brought up two cars to sell, a gen one Brat, and the lifted wagon.

Dante (who we all met in person for the first time that day) bought the wagon from Mudrat. Good old John realized after he'd taken the $ that he'd brought up the wrong title. Dante, without really knowing us, left to go home and get his wife so he could take the wagon home. Get this, trusting me with the keys, and John with a pile of his dough. Came back, got his wagon, it's all good.

John also brought up a Brat for Greg from B.C. But, Geg's Dad wasn't able to get the dolly which had been reserved, and didn't have a way to transport the Brat to home. So, they left the Brat in my yard for the week till they can come back, I posess the keys. (Can't drive it, can't bend my leg enough to even get in its little rump roast cab) But still, left a pressious possession in the hands of a stranger.

My point being, without knowing us or our reputations, these guys put their trust in us to not disappear with either their money or their Soobs. I think it has to do with the type of cars we deal in, I think trust and good nature just tends to go in hand with Subaru.

(now if that one guy would just pay me for the video I seet him and reminded him about after weeks of no payment, weeks ago. . .)

Gives you that warm fuzzy feeling, doesn't it? You guys are the best group of people that I never met, and same with the ones I did meet. My wife wonders why I am addicted to the board, It's not just about Subes. To bad they don't just herd us together and make us all live in the same sate.....ha ha ha

This is the 2nd bigest reason I am now driving soobs insted of Ford trucks! Back in my Baja days the VW comunity was the same way, and I loved it! every other Baja/air cooled VW driver U met wer all top notch people. When I went to the truck world I missed that ALOT! Now that I'm in the soob world life is good and happy agen:D All the people I have met from the board have been great, and the people I meet just drivin' around the valley are cool 2:-)

;) HAPPIENES IS DRIVING A SUBARU!;)

The point is, it is a community...It's sort of like a small town. I may have been naive, but I'd been lurking around here long enough to know none of the people at EZ's place would want me bitchin' and moaning about being ripped off on the board. I still have not received the title for John's wagon (no mail on veteran's day), but I have no doubt that I will. I know I took a chance, but I haven't regretted it yet.

Yeah, how many honda owners would go home and pull and axle out of a car and bring it to you if you didn't have one in your car and couldn't go anywhere??!! (Thanks Tony!).

And everyone I've met are great. I mean, on a will and whim me n the wife drove like 500 miles one way to go stay at a house of a person that we had only met for fleeting moments in the past.

I figure that as long as I've known you all here on the board, I could trust my hands in driving clear to Connecticut to stay with Paul for a night or two without any problems.

We aren't just a bunch of people on the internet, we are a world wide community, but we treat each other as if we all live in the same town on the same side of the street. It's great, you don't see that very often nowadays, specially on the internet.

because of this board, I have gained a wealth of knowledge that i will use for eons to come, but most importantly, i have met some cool heads, well only one in person so far. Hopefully I can make it up north some day.

Hey, Ezap, could you e-mail or PM me with your snail-mail addy? I'd like to pickup a subarubicon video (vhs) if ya got one. still owe ya $10 from like 2 yrs. ago... :o

As much as i love my subaru, i don't think that i would have been so excited about it and lifted it and put swampers beneath it if it wasn't for the folks on the board. its like cheers, some times you want to go where everyone knows your (board)name. The seattle croud has helped me with the car so much, i was going to do individual shout outs but i figured after the 10th person it was time to stop. so here's a howdy to all you on the left coast:wave:

On a similar note the diff i got from toybuilder is already in the mail, hows that for prompt, its been a day and a half.

Its just keen how things work out. Community is a multi-spectrum experience.

How one raises their kids in a neighborhood of other familys that actually care about the safety of ALL the kids and "Watchout for them all" its akin to this.

I grew up in a neighborhood like this which I'm refering too currently. So this was in Michigan. Then when we moved to deep uber rural michigan farm land the community got a little more specialized and the care became more family like(not quite like Arkansas);) but dare assume you knwo what I'm meaning here?

Then wit this summers experience with Burningman coomunity regained a larger mouch more positive perspective. And this USMB community speaks volumes in concert with the previous versions of the same idea.

I may naturally be a trusting soul but, i feel it equally returned in this community right from the gitgo.

Speaking of... One of my roomies might be going to college at Eastern Wash. State in January..... and he may ask for me to help him get there:>)

more warm and fuzzys anyone?

When I got my first turbo brat from South Dakota, it was a 5 hour drive there, and I had a problem witha tow hook coming off, so I had to leave the brat at the guys parents house for a week, because he was moving to San Diego the next day!!! Went back up a week later with a truck and tow dolly, and all was good.!