'87 wagon, SPFI, dealer wants $3000 (including tax) to fix this list of stuff:

one rear bearing, new shoes

front caliper/rotors

rt front wheel bearing

rt front tie rod

master cylinder

power steering leak

new drive belt

She was driving, the brakes 'died' and she rear-ended someone at about 10mph. She's fine, and the car has a couple more dents; no big deal.

Now, the car is at Camp Subaru, and they have that list of things that 'need repaired'. I also don't know why the brakes died.

So, if anyone in the area would like to help fix it, or just buy it for parts, she would sure appreciate it. She's planning her wedding now, so she can use any extra money she can get.

Thanks,

-Dave

edit: oh yea, both of the front axles are virtually brand new, one's 6 months old the other is 1 month old.

Thanks for the offers guys; I'll call her today and see what she'd want for it. I should also mention it has ~265k on it, and I replaced the HGs about 10k ago.

I'm also pretty sure it can't be driven (safely) right now with the brakes how they are. I'm also not sure what all the dealer has taken off it right now.

-Dave

My friend found something just now! but thanks anyway. good luck to your friend.. most of those parts would be inexpensive at pull n save...

yea, if I was closer than, oh, 12 hours from there, I'd fix it up for her... however...

jk: I'll call her in a little bit and get back to you,

-Dave

If it were me I would take the money that she can get for the car as is and add that to the 3 grand that would be spent on repairs to get another vehicle. Why spend that much on a car that may be worth only 2 grand at most? There are lots of good deals out there so finding one shouldn't be too hard.