Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Roll cage?

NoahDL88

I'm looking into putting a hoop behind the drivers seat, with a set of bars going back to the rear, with a cross bar just in front of the rear hatch, (this will be on a Hatchback) I'm not looking for SCCA legality, I'm just looking to have at least the spec tubing that they require, as i figure that will be a minimum that i'll want to go with, i want it to be functional, but passing tech isn't a requirement. I'm really just looking at a way to mount 4 pt harnesess, i've seen way too many mickeymouse operations when it comes to safety restraints, and i don't want to get cut in half in an accident.

Notes by Cliff

Whats the spec tubeing for SCCA roll cages, and does anyone know of a tubeing bender in Marysville/Arlington?

Noah... I thought you had a problem with the guy from All Wheels Driven. Didn't he mess around with you and that Turbo Legacy you tried to buy?

Oh yeah, i couldn't remember who that was, but yeah, i sure did

AWD guy puts turbo legacy up for sale

I make offer

He accepts

He says someone else has made an offer and is closer

2 weeks later calls me up and says its up again

I reserve a U-haul and a pickup truck

friday, 5pm the day before i was to pick up said T-leg i get a phone call saying the deal is off, the original buyer found the money.

I scurry like a cat on fire to cancel the U haul and to find Tex to let him know that he doesn't need to drive across town to get his grandpa's truck.

all wheels driven may drive all wheels, but there not running on all cylinders :mad:

I make offer

He accepts

friday, 5pm the day before i was to pick up said T-leg i get a phone call saying the deal is off, the original buyer found the money.

I scurry like a cat on fire to cancel the U haul and to find Tex to let him know that he doesn't need to drive across town to get his grandpa's truck.

all wheels driven may drive all wheels, but there not running on all cylinders :mad:

Too bad I didn't hear about that, I would have laid into him for you.

I need to check where they are, but I believe there is a roll bar manufacturer in Oregon.

Here you go, http://www.safedrives.com/products.asp?cat=72

SCREW safedrives.... I bought my cage from them and it was nothing but a shenanigan. I actually had a good experience with All wheels driven. They managed to fix and make the cage I bought from Charles Buren work. I would never do business with Safe drives again. And they also like to lie about certian things.

I make offer

He accepts

There was more to this story that wasn't mentioned.. The other person had already put a deposit on the car. Your offer was contingent upon the other falling through, which at the time we spoke, looked like it was going to..I wasn't trying to play any games, there was a lot of shuffling around with the original buyer that screwed things up. Additionally, after all of that BS, he listed the car on Craigslist and sold it the next day for $200 more than he paid for it..:rolleyes:

Very sorry for the inconvenience and any trouble that it caused you. That was a painful deal on many levels it seems..

As far as the tubing goes, 1.75"x.095 wall DOM is what you should build your cage out of if you're planning on rallying it at some point. As far as cage builders in your area, Dave Clark (near Seattle)is one of the best up there. His # is 425-221-2470. Great guy, great cage builder, highly recommend him.