Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
GeneralDisorder

Need EA82 lower radiator hose part number

Ok - I've got this weird radiator in my sedan - instead of the lower hose tube comming off the radiator at an upwards angle this one comes straight off. It's got a hose now that I want to replace, and I need a part number for something that will work. I've never seen one like this - it's probably an aftermarket radiator, but there's the hose - and it works just peachy, but without a part number for a hose like this I'm stuck if I blow it. And this one is old:

rad_hose.jpg

GD

GD: try an upper radiator hose for an EA82. I specify because you didnt.. I went out and looked at my sedan, and have the radiator fitting pointing upwards.. but looked at it, and recalled that _I_ had to cut about 1" or more of length off my upper hose when I got it.. (still haven't figured that one out, all other clearances are proper and this car has NEVER been wrnecked.. not THAT bad.. i figure manufacturer error?) So, it looks like about the right shape and size.. especially if you have the extra bit of length I encountered. If you try it, and find you need the length of my "flawed" hose, i can go back to the store and find exact manufacturer/part #.

hhhhmmm - I've looked at them, but the upper doesn't have enough "S" to it - this thing needs to almost double back on itself. It's weird. Maybe this is like an XT hose or something? I'm confused. I ended up with this radiator from a parts car.....

GD

not sure of the diameter, but I can go take the cover off the Zcar and see.. does this look like it would go from point A, to point B?

If so, I will step outside and check the diameter. its the upper hose (cut-to-fit) from a 75 datsun 280Z. I will reply with proper part #s and a link, but its the first upper rad hose listed on thepartsbin.com

Ok - I found it. After surfing around on thepartsbin, it's listed as a lower hose for 11/1990 and up Loyale's:

Incidentally (and another reason I need a source), this is the same hose you need to hook an EA82 up to an EA81 radiator.

SOA part number: 45162GA020

http://oem.thepartsbin.com/parts/thepartsbin/quote.jsp?make=SU&year=1990&product=G2000-31415&application=000236543&part=Radiator%20Hose&category=All&dp=true

G200031415.JPG

GD