Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Colorado Snow run aka XMAS tree run (minus trees)

Golden Gate Canyon is just beautiful, used to have a friend that lived in the state park up there. Made that drive many times, some good wheeling around that area and up near the peak-to-peak/Rollins pass. If it means anything I have a solid wet 6-7" so far and still snowing...and Golden Gate always gets twice as much as my house. Though this snow is impeding my ability to get the IAC rigged/fixed/replaced on the lifted rig (GOD I need a garage!).

Anyways some snow pics from this morning while working my a** off shoveling for my wife (who decided not to go anywhere after I did all the brushing off/shoveling).

driveway.jpg

And my Roo dog who was helping me this morning...

roo.jpg

Going to try and get the lifted rig to cooperate but not going to hit the JY's in this weather just to get a replacement IAC. I don't have snow tires either but sure my M/T's will do just fine :rolleyes:.

Im home and I had a lot of fun. Thanks to Jeffast, Yetidon and Teresa for coming out. It was snowing in Golden when we left Sonic and we found lots of places in the hills where it wasn't snowing which I found funny but there was plenty already up there.

My favorite picture of the day has the hatch and the plus one outback on 3 wheels.

snowrun_001.jpg

There'll be another time this year for sure. You coming next time?

On the way back down from Nederland we found more snow:

snowrun_008.jpg

snowrun_002.jpg

Hopefully Yeti will post more pics.

Somewhere along the drive up...snow!

IMG_0727.jpg

Don in a snow drift

IMG_0729.jpg

Shawn's Roo, up on 3 wheels...

IMG_0731.jpg

Up at the top, in mining country...and yes, actually, it IS as cold as it looks.

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

Rufus

IMG_0735.jpg

This is when Shawn pulled out in front of us, nearly T-boning himself.

IMG_0736.jpg

*These pics and post brought to you by Teresa, since Yeti doesn't know how to work the camera.* That was fun, guys! Most of it would've been perfectly suitable for a regular Ru like my LGT.... except without all those deep-snow shenanigans. :-)

Looks like fun. I should've come I guess. I was just driving around in the snow here in Ward, but forgot that yesterday was the day. I would have especially liked to see the side by side comparison in performance between the old dual range and the new outback, since I'm a dual range fan, but I have seen the outbacks do some amazing stuff in snow sometimes that I don't know if my GL could have handled.

looks like you guys had fun. I did a xmas tree run a few years ago with Mudrat but that was before all of his wrong doings I guess. Now THAT was fun! Wish I coulda made it but with the temps being as bad as they've been and me being awful sick, not a good combo to do an engine swap:-\

man, i shoulda WAITED. lol..... looks like a LOT of fun... haven't seen snow like that in a long time. still searching for a wag... definitely making it my toy when i do find it and it'll definitely be at the next christmas tree run. unless i can get some kinda freakin meet going down here, which will never happen. it's mostly imprezas over here on the east coast.

• 2 weeks later...