Ultimate Subaru Message Board

decent DIY repair manual for 1998 impreza? what about OEM?

does anyone make a decent DIY repair manual for a 1998 impreza?

I would think there would be a chilton/haynes for '93-'01 but I haven't found one... closest I've found is one that covers every model from '85 to '96, and that's just not going to be specific enough...

is there a specific set of OEM shop manuals for this year that I can search for on ebay or something? not sure if they made a set just for this year, but for some reason I'm thinking it's one of those change years...

--Spiffy

Subaru OEM Factory Service Manuals are the way to go. they cover everything. the haynes and chiltons manuals are okay, but not that great. if you're going to have the car and do some extensive work the Subaru manuals will serve you faaaar better than those others.

there were a few significant changes on either side of 98 so you're good to get the exact year.

there were a few significant changes on either side of 98 so you're good to get the exact year.

well it's 04/98 so it's a true '98...

so am I going to need a set of base books that start with '93 and then get suppliments, or is there a 1998 version just for impreza? a quick search for 1998 didn't pan out...

--Spiffy

If you have an email account that'll handle a large .pdf......I'll send you a copy of mine. Just PM or post a destination.

that'll work for now until I can pick up a hard copy for my specific year...

PM'd you... spiffy (dot) miserable (at) gmail (dot) com...

thanks!

--Spiffy

• 2 months later...

hey ...guys???

Do you think I could get in on that manual as well? I just got a '98 2.2 and I can't find anything written for it. I asked around at NASIOC and all the WRX guys just laughed at me... :mad:

I even tried to pick up a '98 legacy Chilton book at Kragen and they didn't have those.

my e-mail is benmsnyder(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks in advance!

• 2 years later...

First post, and digging up the past I know :rolleyes: , but if Spiffy or Storm or anyone else has a copy of a 1998 Subaru Impreza OEM Factory Service Manual I'd love to get a copy. Just bought my 98' Impreza Outback Sport last week and I'm just sh:slobber:cked there is no Chilton/Haynes or other manual for that specific year. I've gathered some bits and pieces of pdf's online, but nothing concrete.

After pulling codes on my new Impreza, I need to replace the O2 sensor and the Knock sensor. If anyone could email me a copy of the OEM Factory Service Manual for a 98, I could also easily continue to host it online as a reference for future 98' Impreza owners.

lazyvegan At hotmail Dot com

peace

• 12 years later...