Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey guys, was walking past the local stealership yesterday and saw a white '97 Legacy GTT sat in the yard. Well long story short im going to have a good look at it today and take it out for a boost. :slobber:

Its a Manual tranny so no torque bind issues expected, and the bodywork is in awesome condition. What else should i be looking out for?

If it checks out clean, all i have to do is flog my Honda off to someone and i can FINALLY have a reason to wear my Subaru WRC jacket. :rolleyes:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW that thing really goes when you lay on the right pedal! :lol:

It was a VERY clean car, no rattles squeeks or clunks. 60,000miles on the clock and a comfy interior.

AND - its a 5 speed...very rare here. Well i managed to get the price down a bit and now im its first New Zealand owner!:-p

I Finally have a right to post in ths forum now. :banana:

Pics will follow as soon as ive picked her up.

Well i dont have any scientific figures but when you floor it - it goes. :grin:

But as soon as those twin snails are fired up it gets hard to breathe and everything turns blurry.

I dont know its top speed, partly because im too scared to find out and mostly because the speedo only reads to 180 and it gets there without even stretching 4th gear.

As for the interior - im impressed! Its really comfortable and well laid out. The stereo doesnt seem to want to read CD's however, so thats first on the list of things to sort out.

Well i dont have any scientific figures but when you floor it - it goes. :grin:

But as soon as those twin snails are fired up it gets hard to breathe and everything turns blurry.

I dont know its top speed, partly because im too scared to find out and mostly because the speedo only reads to 180 and it gets there without even stretching 4th gear.

As for the interior - im impressed! Its really comfortable and well laid out. The stereo doesnt seem to want to read CD's however, so thats first on the list of things to sort out.

I wonder where i can find a EJ20 TT it sounds like a fun engine !

About ur CD problem, did you burn the CD's?? if so it can't read a mp3 cd, needs to be in a regular cd format, also try a regular CD if u have not already,sometimes the CD optical gets dirty, so a CD optical cleaner disc might fix that.

Yeah it just totally doesnt like CD's. I get "err 6" if i try and feed it any musi whatsoever then it shoots my cd back at me. It wont read CDR's or store bought ones...

I neeeeed to fix this - the local radio stations are worthless.

If you wanted to take the radio apart you could try blowing off the lens with some canned air, maybe it's just dusty.

It sure is a sweet ride, good luck,

matt

This car just keeps putting a smile on my face. I went out with my mate who has an identical car except for his auto gearbox. Great times!

But i now have my first question. :lol:

Theres a little button next to the park brake with a picture of a windscren wiper and some wavy lines on it. I dont know what it does. I assumed it was the rear window heat strip thing but theres a button for that on the dash - so what does this one do?

This car just keeps putting a smile on my face. I went out with my mate who has an identical car except for his auto gearbox. Great times!

But i now have my first question. :lol:

Theres a little button next to the park brake with a picture of a windscren wiper and some wavy lines on it. I dont know what it does. I assumed it was the rear window heat strip thing but theres a button for that on the dash - so what does this one do?

in 95 -99 that location is for heated seats. is it possible that some one used a rear window defroster button to operate a heated driver seat??

also in 95-99 the switches were different for left and right, just a thought.

Heres some pictures to help ya help me figure it out. As far as i can tell....the only thing that happens when you hit this mystery switch, is the switch lights up. :rolleyes:

buttonlocation.JPG

mysterybutton.JPG

At first i thought it was the rear window defroster, but theres a switch for that on the dash just below the speedo. The heated mirror switch is on the mirror control panel and the rear wiper control is on one of the stalks. So that kinda rules them out.

P.S Thank you for all the kind comments. :P