Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1986 Brat - 14,000 Orig. Miles

I have a 1986 Brat that is completely original except for the tires (replaced a few years ago.) My father owned it. He just recently passed away. My 89 year old mother cannot drive a stick, so she gave it to me. I trailered it out to CA. I might want to sell it and give her the money. Does anybody know or have an idea of what a car like this is worth. The milage is 14,250 original! That is not a typo 14,250 miles. This was his daily car, but lived in a small town. Any info as how to go about selling it would be helpful also. Thanks.

The BRAT guys on this board are going to shoot me, but you have the lowest miles brat in the USA, as much as the otheres want to see a picture of it, that would be the way to sell it here on the board.. Now price, the Brats have gone out the roof the last 2 years, so you just might have the first 10 thousand dollar Brat on the board!!!!!!!! Now,,,,, ill here from those who disagree and agree!!!!!!!!!! I picture is worth 10,000 words!!!!!:banana::clap::banana::clap::banana:

Check ebay and see what Brats are going for these days. So far the highest sold price I've seen has been $7300. Yours could be worth more on ebay; not likely to get that price here; if it's blue, ask for bratsrus1 and what he thinks it's worth.

I found this in our ebay/CL forum. $8K starting bid, but no bidders as yet; sounds like the wrong way to go about selling it.

Yes 1986. I have original receipt when my father purchased it. You have to understand my father and mother, they lived through the depression and were in Denmark during the Nazi invasion. They are very conservative, take care of their things extremely well and never through anything away. His motorhome had so much wax on it that I thought it was some kind of special coating - it is very shiny - 1986 also.

Hey, if I can get $10,000 for this car then I will sell it and give the money to my mother, but if not I will keep the car.

:eek: You made my wife faint! It's the Brat she's always talking about. Oh, here she is now :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: . Pics, we need more pics. And money, we need more money. You're going to get some serious money for that beauty, or you're right..keep it. I wish I could make you a decent offer. But thanks for the trip down memory lane.

~Myles~ :headbang:

that's my 2 cents and it's worth nickel