Ultimate Subaru Message Board

how hot is your heat???

GD's language (I know the guy pretty well...) is english. From what I can tell, your's appears to be gibberish (much like chinese, I know it when I see it, but still can't understand it). And as far as I know you are the only one here fluent in early 21st century stupid, so who's going to translate eh? :)

GD

maybe my 10 year old adopted sister... anymore prejudice? Come on, dish it out a bit more... the law isn't too far away now.....as far as you know about folks fluent in languages is your world only GD.. and you are unnecessarily defending it at all costs. Posting in public places best have people aware of it. You are proving not to be so GD. If it means crossing some delicate lines defended by law sometimes.:mad:

I committed a few more fixes for the heat.. it works great for folks who don't know what maine cold is yet..

• The heater motor was passive, leading edges up top of fan were chewed. I added a 3 inch peice of very flexible painted aluminum like a beanie hat propeller in center of blower under the nut, centered, that is now fixed and strangely even quiter, adding more air flow, less passively. The realistically hotter the core, the less air wanted to pass through... atmospheric clash no doubt, like me and GD.
  • my loyale was a roaster because...? !. the line from water pump to core was permanently painted oem, the old soobs aren't. A heat loser or even electrical gainer (flow stoppers, my best common sense guess) as well as no a/c pump keeping the line hot.

These things completely fixed the heat for me, no need for cardboard on the radiator. Should work for all of the old soobs, mine is a stubborn wagon needing more heat (as some of us know) and it is doing better than I have ever had.:)

It is difficult to analyze if it is all there and functioning...:rolleyes:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe my 10 year old adopted sister... anymore prejudice? Come on, dish it out a bit more... the law isn't too far away now.....as far as you know about folks fluent in languages is your world only GD.. and you are unnecessarily defending it at all costs. Posting in public places best have people aware of it. You are proving not to be so GD. If it means crossing some delicate lines defended by law sometimes.:mad:

Please - quote this "law" of your's. Here - I'll go first:

"Congress shall make NO LAW ... abridging the freedom of speech" --Constitution of the United States.

Empty threats of forcing your stupidity on others using cops with guns (ie: makeing it the law to disagree with you, and to do it in my own choice of words) is lame. If you don't like what I think of your ideas.... well here's another quote for ya:

"It is best to keep your mouth shut and be presumed ignorant than to open it and remove all doubt." --Samuel Clemens.

You sir, have already removed all doubt.

GD

my loyale was a roaster because...? !. the line from water pump to core was permanently painted oem, the old soobs aren't. A heat loser or even electrical gainer (flow stoppers, my best common sense guess) as well as no a/c pump keeping the line hot.

wtf???

i gotta agree with gd you posts are like chinese,

my heat is cold, the reason the heater core is plugged, the fix

simple first flush it out,

second if that doesn't work get a new one wtf does painting hoses have to do with any thing the differance is going to like 1/2 a degree,

jeff

My heater squeeked, on most of my cars here i was more concerned with running the heater to keep the engine cool rather than the cab hot. Anyways back to the point, on my last car the heat was bloody marvelous - would get ice off the windscreen in minutes and the engine would be hot within 5 miles of my house (all flat straight 30mph driving). One time i got the interior up to 34degrees with the heater when it was 6 degrees outside. :brow:

When i dropped the heater motor out however i did find a few dried crunchy leaves and bits of insulation. If your heater isnt hot enough i'd say the first place to start is cleaning out the blower, youd be surprised how much crap can build up in there.

bvd73's talking on a higher level than us plebes, so he must know what he's talking about.

A car equipped with AC has the evaporator core between the blower and the heater, so there's a bit more air flow restriction. The non-AC cars have a straight duct from the blower to the heater core.

The doors in the duct system also have a spongy foam layer on them to seal them when they are shut. If mice have chewed this layer off, they won't seal as well, and you will get a bit of flow out all of the ducts, in stead of lots of flow out of the selected duct.

The recirc mod sounds like a good one.

It makes perfect sense to me. Let me restate to be sure: The transfer of heat in a fluid medium is incumbent upon the infusion of “cold” heat to flow, generally, to areas of “hot” heat, creating a thermal inversion effect directly proportional to the dynamic convection principal. To create this inversion, the liberal application of Rustoleum to the intake plenum is recommended. Also, by creating a laminar flow around the fan hub and increasing the diameter of the hub’s wristpin a notable change in invisibles can be imagined. Furthermore, phrenology must be invoked as cranial abnormalities can certainly affect perceived airflow about the head and neck. So, am I on the right track?

-GG

It makes perfect sense to me. Let me restate to be sure: The transfer of heat in a fluid medium is incumbent upon the infusion of “cold” heat to flow, generally, to areas of “hot” heat, creating a thermal inversion effect directly proportional to the dynamic convection principal. To create this inversion, the liberal application of Rustoleum to the intake plenum is recommended. Also, by creating a laminar flow around the fan hub and increasing the diameter of the hub’s wristpin a notable change in invisibles can be imagined. Furthermore, phrenology must be invoked as cranial abnormalities can certainly affect perceived airflow about the head and neck. So, am I on the right track?

-GG

Wow, sounds perfectly scientific, logical, and sound to me! Just like BGD's stuff!

Furthermore, phrenology must be invoked as cranial abnormalities can certainly affect perceived airflow about the head and neck. So, am I on the right track?

-GG

If the brain is insulated from the exterior of the crainum by a large and spacious air layer, would the percieved heat provided by a vehicle vary based on mood?