Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hatch project

DeathHatch

When the springs flex, they get longer so to speak. When that happens your shackle takes up that movement so the springs can do their job. When the shackles are on the front, when the spring flexes and gets longer, your wheel base increases. As it does your handling suffers, it will feel very unstable out on the open road, but you won't notice it at all on the trail. If you weld the top of the front shackles to the "frame" and add a brace or web support, you can then add some shorter shacles on the rear of the springs. Of course this will add lift so you would have to increase the height in the rear to match.

Good job though, that thing is a beast!!!!!!

have fun with being pampered in the airforce. that maid service we had when i stayed on an a/f base in kadena, okinawa, just killed me. or the pampered chef meals in the chow hall... and they were still complaining about how bad they had it... :Flame: have fun, and try not to use them stress cards in bootcamp... :brow: cakewalk, definately goodluck, and keep contributing to the goodwork our troops are doing!

yes i know i will be treated like a human being..lol and i there are not stress cards in basic thats just a rumor but basic in itself is going to be a cake walk for me well my dad raised me and hes a former marine. and its only 6 weeks long so ill be just fine. now what if i just keept the shackles that long and braced them do you think it would be stable enough or would that only be a good temp job...

yes i know i will be treated like a human being..lol and i there are not stress cards in basic thats just a rumor but basic in itself is going to be a cake walk for me well my dad raised me and hes a former marine. and its only 6 weeks long so ill be just fine. now what if i just keept the shackles that long and braced them do you think it would be stable enough or would that only be a good temp job...

The Air Force is the only Service that doesnt require Stress Cards in Basic:-p

Hope to see the Hatch in action before you leave.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a very easy basic training, I used to teach The M16A2 to all the Basics, been in for 12yrs and now teaching to base personnel. I believe they changed it from 6wks to 8wks. Helpful hint, try to get an AFSC in writing not by word of mouth from the evil person signing you up. You're just a number to them. If you have any questions PM me if you want. Sorry to change the subject, but I've seen too many good people come into a job and hate the time they served. And yes they did have those cards. It had info on it telling them who they needed to contact if they were not treated farily. We ripped a lot of them up!

we got beat up in boot camp, nobody tells. it's a part of training. suck it up. how else are you going to be conditioned for war! oh, i'm stressed! here's my card taliban!! don't shoot!! exactly why our military is going to hit the ground. to pr, for a force that is supposed to be hardened and ready for war.

just enjoy and savor it all, the a/f is great for catering to there troops. but ignore all this and back to your hatch! get any more done yet?