Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"How many miles do you drive in a year?"

My insurance company asked me this and I had no clue, as I am part time work, etc. hardly a normal schedule to guess. It did get me thinking on the most miles I put on in an old soob in less than a year, it was 35k or so- no probs at all. The car was all original and around 15 years old, and had 166k. It went through a fuel pump the following year, at 17.

I just read a newsgroup post of a 2002 ej 2.5 that has a "bad miss" at 166k. I recently looked that code up on the net for a friends legacy gt, with similar miles and year. Long Live the Old Soob. I mean it sincerely.

The 87 GL I just bought crossed the continent to Maine from an island near kechikan alaska- 3903 miles. It is 20, and I just swapped in a new alternator. I found a service sticker from 1996 from kechikan about oil changes still stuck to the door. It had 17k at the time.It literally has needed nothing.

What is the most miles you have put on your old soob? It is the last month of the year and it used to be a thought of mine for fuel pay...:)

I am bad....I only put on about 5-8,000 a year on my car right now....it was even less before I bought the house it was only something like 4,000 a year...I need to get out more.Once I get the XT6 it will be even less on the wagon..( For some reason Tommy is paranoid of taking Bucky on road trips.Buckys trip to Long Island was his first couple hundred mile trip in at least a year and a half)

300 miles a week just to work and back. The 87 GL is the only car running

right now, so it also gets driven around with the family. Mom gave me a

1983 Chevy Suburban a couple of weeks ago, and as soon as I get it

legal, it becomes the family car and the GL is all mine again, finally. :banana:

I do about 120 miles a day, which is about 43,000 miles a year. The suspension on my 86 GL Wagon is so worn out that the last time I did RallyX, she hurt the front struts so bad that they are like riding on 2x4's or something.

When the speedo cable broke she had 300,278 miles on her:headbang: , and that was two weeks ago.( Haven't had time to get to PAP)

I drive for a living and typically when I work I drive 350-500 miles a day... during school that makes it about 70k a year, working 3 days a week and saturday...but I only have school for 6 months. During normal non school times I drive about 96k a year.. grand average I get about 83k a year or so... all that on a 02 toyota Corolla... I barely get 5k on my personal cars each year:lol:

I drive for a living and typically when I work I drive 350-500 miles a day... during school that makes it about 70k a year, working 3 days a week and saturday...but I only have school for 6 months. During normal non school times I drive about 96k a year.. grand average I get about 83k a year or so... all that on a 02 toyota Corolla... I barely get 5k on my personal cars each year:lol:

That much driving might make me not want to drive or work on a car.

I seem to average about 20K a year, whatever I am driving.. the soob, i have owned now for just over 2 calendar years.. BUT it spent at least 9 months unregistered and not driven, of that two years. That being said, it got 34K miles on it.. so really, i may be even higher. I _was_ doing more driving for both of my previous jobs than I am now.. the first one I worked all over the southern florida peninsula, and the second I delivered pizzas... BUT I drive alot anyhow, and have always averaged high.. (when i had a speedometer cable connected, :-p )