Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Not all Grand Ams have the 5x100 bolt pattern, the center bore isn't the same, and there is probably not enough positive offset, which will ruin wheel bearings in short order and probably rub.

Sure they might bolt up, but they don't actually fit.

The offset should be stamped inside the wheel. If it's less than +50 you should probably take them off unless the wheel is 7" wide.

Not all Grand Ams have the 5x100 bolt pattern, the center bore isn't the same, and there is probably not enough positive offset, which will ruin wheel bearings in short order and probably rub.

Sure they might bolt up, but they don't actually fit.

The offset should be stamped inside the wheel. If it's less than +50 you should probably take them off unless the wheel is 7" wide.

Not all Subarus require a +50mm offset.

Sorry I didn't give the offset. The wheels are GT specific so no not all grand am wheels will fit. In fact I doubt that any other GM wheels will fit. They also are running 205/55/R16 tires I didn't check the offset but it is very close and with that wide of a tire wheel combo I don't think it will be a problem.

Sorry I didn't give the offset. The wheels are GT specific so no not all grand am wheels will fit. In fact I doubt that any other GM wheels will fit. They also are running 205/55/R16 tires I didn't check the offset but it is very close and with that wide of a tire wheel combo I don't think it will be a problem.
The only problem may be as stated, Subaru's are hub centric, that means that the wheel has a center hole that matches the the hub on the axles, if the hole does not match, ie, the hole is too large, the wheel will not seat correctly and can cause damage to the bearings, also if the hole is too small, the wheel will be deformed trying to tighten the lug nuts, this will also cause bearing damage.

I have a set of GM 16 wheels that have had the center hole machined to match the Subaru, but to be safe, I am replacing them with Subaru wheels.

Most cars are designed with hubcentric wheels because forces are better transferred between wheel and hub, and the wheel/tire are more-accurately centered (less radial runout). Even when the centerbore is too large, a wheel will "fit" if the bolt pattern and circle match the original. However, the wheel will be lugcentric, resulting in more stress to the studs and lugs than when the centerbore and hub match (properly transfering load), as well as possibly causing eccentric running and related problems.

What's the center bore diameter? I believe Subarus are 56.1mm.

There should be numbers stamped on the wheel - something like JJ 17 7 ET 53. So you can look at the wheel and see if it fits.

Tirerack says a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT Coupe has 40mm offset.

Again I didn't check I put them on at night at about 0 degrees out so I was kind of in a hurry. The hub center looks to fit perfectly. I have no balance problem. I have one that has a leaky tire so in the next couple of days I will post the numbers on the back.