Swapping in

EJ22 from 94 Leggy with 60k miles

Underdrive Aluminium Pulley

Platnum plugs

New 02's

New Borla SS Headers, wrapped and silicone sprayed

99 LGT cat's and muffler with nicer tip

Forrester Coils on top of Legacy struts

Ebay intake, probably gonna have to modify it to make it work but you never know.

:headbang:

Been working on it all day sat and sun, after work today, argg im tired but i can't sleep im just to giddy, hopefully tomorrow ill get the flywheel on and the tranny back in fire it up and check the codes drive to somewhere for an alignment. And Driving it by this weekend. when all is said and done im hoping for a 50 horse and 4 inch lift over stock Brighton coupe, for right around $1300.

HEHE I can't get done with work soon enough tomorrow, been driving the truck for a month and a half for work, no fun.

Pete

"Keep the rubber side down"

:burnout::burnout:

Today was a frustrating day, when we removed the fly wheel from the 1.8 we damaged the bolts pretty bad, but we figured we could use the 2.2's bolts, but we come to find out that the 2.2 bolts are from an automatic and are too shortmad.gif When i was at conti on saturday picking up seals and such, they didn't have any bolts in stock, but i figured they were just back up and didn't really need them anyways banking on the 2.2's to workfurious.gif

But i didnt let that kill my spirits to much, i still had lots to do so i got to work on finishing the rear suspension with forrester coils, mounted up the snow tires and they look Bad@$$. I had 14.5 inches of groundclearance at the front bumper This is still without the tranny but thats just crazy

Hopefully tomorrow I can find some flywheel bolts and mount the tranny and fire it up

This thing is gonna be a monsterptitmartien.gif

Pete

"Rubber side down"

IT RUNS!!!:D but it blows blue smoke smelling of oil, ticks like mad on the pass side front of the motor, and when i pulled the oil cap to add some additive to see what happend, but it was blowing air out the oil fill tube:confused:. we shut it down and called it a night at 1230 this morning after letting the car run for 10 minutes and plenty of time to get up to temp, which it did.

I don't know what to do next, im really pissed, if i got a bad motor i got a bad motor i just hope the guy i got it from in the valley (DC or DS subaru something like that) will stand behind it.

Otherwise it looks bad rump roast, sounded great other than the tick, no CEL's, responsive. Any advice anywhere?

Pete:banghead:

I'd start by replacing the PCV with a dealer unit

(aftermarkets can be questionable), you have excessive blow by

but it could be from sitting.

As for the ticking like mad, some lifters have bled down no doubt.

I'd throw a bottle of Marvel Mystery Oil in the crankcase and drive it.

Sounds like a way kewl project.

So after talking with my mechanic i decided not to freak out until i ran the motor a bit. He started it and ran it at the shop for a few hours then after work today i went out to check it out... Running like a top, still burning a little oil out the pipe but nothing like before, knock went away, but the oil filler tube is still pressurized but i guess thats normal... no speedo right now but i figure i just didn't quite have it right in the tranny side, ohwell i stll have my gps. ill post more and some pix tomorrow when i can get some light but anyways im out to drive it around a bit and see if anything pops up :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Pete

"rubber side down"

So i drove it for a bit last night, the rear tires rub a bit on the front of the wells, air saw here we come, but other than that it ran really good. Not as strong as i was hoping for but its still re-breaking in. I got a check engine light after a while, it started running a bit rough but then it went away, the CEL is still on so i just have o hook it up to a scanner to see what happens. But so far so good.

I posted some pix up at photo bucket http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/dome24/

YAYY off to drive it more.:disco: :disco: :banana: :banana:

Pete

"rubber side down"