Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Occasional ABS light(broken CV boot,grease?)

voltage at idle, 14.10V highest 14.2V lowest 14.08V, alternator is giving 14.2V battery was at 14.08V, now im guessing this is a battery issue then. Right after you shut off the car, the battery goes to 13V right on, it might have been dropping a bit and caused that issue. I don't know, what do you think? Must be the battery right?

voltage at idle, 14.10V highest 14.2V lowest 14.08V, alternator is giving 14.2V battery was at 14.08V, now im guessing this is a battery issue then. Right after you shut off the car, the battery goes to 13V right on, it might have been dropping a bit and caused that issue. I don't know, what do you think? Must be the battery right?
Battery doesn't make the ABS light come on while you're driving. Battery has nothing to do with the electrical system when the car is on except that it's being charged.

Alternator is your issue I think. Instead of making us try to figure it out, how about you go have the alternator load tested.

Battery doesn't make the ABS light come on while you're driving. Battery has nothing to do with the electrical system when the car is on except that it's being charged.

Alternator is your issue I think. Instead of making us try to figure it out, how about you go have the alternator load tested.

no, it does it when u turn on the car, not driving.

Maybe you have the same problem i do. Check the voltage after the car has sat overnight and when its first started. It may be low first thing in the morning, which means your altenator is going bed.

nipper

oh, well, wouldn't that be more in the lines off the battery if it can't hold its charge overnight? If im near a shop, ill get a load check done.

oh, well, wouldn't that be more in the lines off the battery if it can't hold its charge overnight? If im near a shop, ill get a load check done.

No. My battery is at 13 volts in the morning. the diode trio or regulator are lazy. untill they warm up they wont work. Subaru had a recall on this years ago (i am not covered).

nipper

No. My battery is at 13 volts in the morning. the diode trio or regulator are lazy. untill they warm up they wont work. Subaru had a recall on this years ago (i am not covered).

nipper

oh, well i think your right on the mark here, because this started now that its cold(-10?C) Should i give Subaru a shout, you think im covered?