Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT6 in butler, IN

Guest MilesFox

Guest MilesFox

Upon my return i noticed one sitting at the local repair shop. all 3 of us asked about it on different occasions. it looks to be a customer vehicle with a bad motor.

i sneaked a peak and its all there, but there is a donut wheel in the back, the actual rim whether or not its with the car i dont knoew. but i would think a legacy wheel would fit (5 lugs)

the timing belt cover was loose, and the belt is still there (although it could have stripped some teeth off the belt, and its still on there.

it has a 5spd awd single range. it also has the ej style bellhousing.

if i were to get this car i contemplate the trans would fit in the 91 legacy, and the suspension parts could be put on the trashwagon(if i ever get it back), and leftover ea82 parts could be retrofitted to keep it a driveable car.

it would be cool to shove the trans down in the trashwagon and use an ej motor!(has anyone done that?)

but it might be a while before i have any money, or a place to keep it, but the shop will pass on our contact info to the owner.

just letting everyone know there is a possibly available xt6 in NE indiana! you dont see these EVER around here, i wouldnt pass it up anone who thought about seeking an xt. kind of rough shape, may be gotten for cheap

Guest OH Noah

Cool. John (thealleyboy) just bought an XT6.

I hate to break it to you, but the I've never heard of an XT6 with the EJ style bellhousing. As far as I know, they all used EA82 style trannies. That's why you can use an XT6 flywheel on an EA82.

Guest thealleyboy

Hey Miles:

If you do happen to land that XT6, I might be interested in some stuff for mine. Mine has a bad motor too, so I could use another core to teardown.Let me know.

good luck, John

Guest MilesFox

I'll bet the motor itself is intact and its something stupid keeping it from running.

the ej bellhousing is what looked like on a car i saw in wisconsin. at least it had the bolts that thread IN to the bellhousing, rather than got through

i want it mostly for the suspension pieces, and if thats an ea style trans then that too(awd) it would be perfect for the trashwagon being a road racer more than an off roader.

I got a job at the restaurant in Butler, no check deductions, i can most likely afford whatever price, as long as the owner gets ahold of us!

Guest Adam N.D.J.

Yeah, it's an Ea82 bellhousing. And thats an EA82 tranny. Jes like the ones that you would find in a full-time GL-10. Would be pretty easy to put into the trash. Heck, why jes do the tranny, You should get the XT, and then swap the whole power and drivetrain into it. Now that would seriously kick some @$$. I know my ER27 really gets up and goes in the Brat, so the wagon is a good candidate. And since you've already had an EA82 in there, would be pretty easy. You'd jes have to do some wireing, and fab up a cooling system. Lotsa luck to ya. N if'n you need any help getting that pig into the TW, drop me a line. Catch ya Laters.

Guest MilesFox

well, if i could get the car and figure out whats wrong and get it working, i would go ahead with the whole swap.

suppose you could put a carb on the er27, that would be cool!

i have thought about the radiator on top idea before, like a humvee, i believe i have seen a picture on someones car from one of the wcss shows with the rad in the spare tire.

but i neet to get my trashwagon back from idaho first!

but i would llove to put an ej22 in there, i could do that if i buy josh's 91 legacy(he just got a nother legacy wagon today)

if i could find an ej 5 spd then it would be great for the ej conversion, and my proposed xt6 suspension swap, the trans would solve any axle issues

and if i did get that xt6, i could part it out and backwards compatible an ea82 carbbed and suspension to keep it a driveable car!

Guest MilesFox

Yeah, things seem to be going the right direction. If you remember Zanny Dook from the show, (the younger dude) me and him made ends and we get along as good as we did before. but the apartment is his now, ind i am the roomate. But as soon as i get paid he wants me out. not because he cant stand me, but because he wants to entertain the idea of having HIS OWN place.

At least i wont have odd expenses out of the check at this job, so affording my own place wont be a problem.

Josh, the boss, personally referred me to the job, so thats good. Josh also bought a rental property and i could move into it if the current tennants move out.

I still hang around at the office at my old job!

Robert is still leary about me, as well as i am about him. but whatever animosities we have towards eachother goes back way before the road trip. but if we stay out of eachothers hair after a while it will resolve itself. At least when we see eachother on the street we wave at eachother rather than flip eachother off!

so now that i got a job, i got an xt6 in my sights!