Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Long leg modification?

okay, i had to do this and i'm only 6.2. unbolt the seat and drill out the spot welds. then measure out about 1-1.5" to the rear of the original holes on the seat side. now you bolt the rails to the seat using some low-profile bolts (or weld if your competent) but be careful because factory seats aren't well braced so if you get it wrong it will never feel right again.

Hi This is Jerry, i have a 86 hatch back that i have installed a set of front seats from an XT6. The seats slides so far back that they touch the back seat. I know he will fit in it because i am 6 foot tall and i can't reach the pedals when the seat is slid all the way back and it's a 2 door the doors are bigger than the 4 door. Thanks Jerry

at 6' 6" the roof and door opening is even a problem.Myself at 5'9 has a few head bangings, auto seatbelt is impossible, and the steering wheel needs to come back towards me( I am an odd shape- my legs are the same length as folks going well over 6 feet- my soob don't like it). A few years ago, I attempted to give my 6'4 340 lb neighbor a ride- that weight is approaching obese, a particular back bend made it nearly impossible just to get in, knees were crunched up into his large belly and the poor basturd was weasing,then attempting to shift, he was right in the way and had to lean over for me to shift easily (large belly). I would get another vehicle, unless with seat back, it drop closer to the floor pan as it moves back, to attempt proportianate, height and length. My dl "mini tractor trailer" leaned to the point of counteracting the steering wheel with him inside. I quickly remembered how small soobs really are after helping him just to get out of the car- and to be truthful, it was kind of embarrassing.
:confused: