Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bobbed Subaru Brat w/6" lift

Phizinza

....looks strangely familiar
Yeah... Well... I'm not that creative, I got the idea from that same picture.. But if you read and look closely, mine would be for a much different purpose and has a bit more stuff to do on it then that had. I was to move the drive train, cut both front and rear and use a T-case...

Yeah... Well... I'm not that creative, I got the idea from that same picture.. But if you read and look closely, mine would be for a much different purpose and has a bit more stuff to do on it then that had. I was to move the drive train, cut both front and rear and use a T-case...

Wow, I didn't even notice the front, good work!

hahahaha! my brat is long!! and its a 79! that green brat in the picture above IS bobbed. yea there are londer ones but they dont get that short. the lenght from the rear bumper to the rear wheels is the same as the front (front bumper to front wheels) that one isnt equal... at all.. i have a bobbed 81 and its way shorter than my 79.... that one got me laughin:lol:

okay not only is it bobbed its a 84+ year modle (square body) if im correct you said 77 and 79 were shorter. thats not a 70's brat.

im not tryin to be an @ss. ive just learned alot from the awesome subaru guys and want to use what ive learned. and please correct me if im wrong. id love to fix my mistakes and learn somthing new.

Hay man what transfer case are you going to use?

let me know if theres anything i can help with.

Most likely a Nissan Navara (720) ute t-case. They use the same flange on the gearbox I hear so it is easy to bolt it in. There is one at the local u-pull it, but the shaft from the gearbox to transfer case is gone :( So I'll wait till another pops up.

Still looking for the brumby to do it to though...

I was just imputing that 1970 brats are a lot better for fourwheeling than the 80s when you put in the engine and tranny of your choice. that indeed will keep you from spending more money trying to fabricate a 80s and still can wheel it the same. I am putting in a toyota axle set up alot cheaper in the long run and mor flex....

I was just imputing that 1970 brats are a lot better for fourwheeling than the 80s when you put in the engine and tranny of your choice.
Trust me, if I could find one here I may do it to it.. But more likely do it up as a classic as they are a little rare...

Everything I have said in here I can do my self and will be very cheap. Most expensive parts will be the Tcase and EJ.

The way I see it is we can make whatever we want and I would love to have a brat on a samurai frame 82- 90 fit right on with coil spring 6 inch lift 5.29 gearing and 35 inch boggers along with the 2.5 wrx conversion and a np 203 dual stick.....money talks and and well toyota stuff is all over some things are easier to do but break more often,, maybe in a few years i will grab an 80 that doesnt run by the time Im forty I ll have the talk of the state....hmmmm hence the avatar 12inch lifted 1979 brat with stock ea71 with dual carbs and stock suspension except coil overs from another ride up front and a welding jobby in the back..

I would so solid axles and all that, but it has been done before. And I want to see how tough these subaru drivelines really are.. The only real reason I want to do this is the beat this Bits-r-missin Pajero tube body buggy that a fellow subaru club member has. And to beat it at everything I need more front end clearence, more rear end clearence, and better gearing. Hence the picture on post 1.

But I might be interested in this gen 1 brumby boy is talking about for street ride... Hmm, I'll have to see what goes. Later