Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any one have any pictures of lowered EA82's?

good except there isnt normally three supports on the rack :grin:
You haven't seen my mates wagon. Only he has 2 on the high roof and 1 taller one on the lower part...

I wonder if I have a picture of his car... It's the white one in my Dune Run video.

This is really going offtopic now. I hope flyjum has got what he wanted.

you could say that my wagon is running a bit less than stock ride height:

..... (saving bandwidth)

~3" lower than stock 4WD ride height using universal 450/500 lb/in coilovers. running without the adjustable lower perch on the front.

The wagons gain alooooot of pressure when dropped, on the underside. Modern rally soobs seem to coincide with favoring the sedan for that very reason... and they are putting goofy wings on the back like a midget honda. :confused:

I have always wanted a lower wagon , but at a minumum a high flowing exhaust, possibly out both sides all the way back (duals). I can't even say why accurately.....but personally. Looks good however :)

you could say that my wagon is running a bit less than stock ride height:

PICT1834.jpg

PICT1821.jpg

PICT1835.jpg

~3" lower than stock 4WD ride height using universal 450/500 lb/in coilovers. running without the adjustable lower perch on the front.

That isn't 2 different cars? ... or just at different times with different rims?

That isn't 2 different cars? ... or just at different times with different rims?

nope, same car, different rims. I love the H-alloys, but they have VERY crappy tires on them. so I threw them on for the cars debut at the local subaru club meet/hangout. then swapped back over to my wagon wheels with nice tires for daily driving. also, when I swapped the alloys off, I dropped the back ~1/2" to even it out a bit (notice the rake in the pic with the alloys?).

anyway, now I've popped stock loyale wheel covers on the wagon wheels :lol:

iwas thinking that the vanagon looking thing-a-ma-bob would be great for camping.. just add a tongue in front...but wait , which end is front?

any donors? i was even thinking that some 10" holes cut into strategic spots in the floor ,with some covers for traveling would work great for ice fishing...just add a little propane heater

iwas thinking that the vanagon looking thing-a-ma-bob would be great for camping.. just add a tongue in front...but wait , which end is front?

any donors? i was even thinking that some 10" holes cut into strategic spots in the floor ,with some covers for traveling would work great for ice fishing...just add a little propane heater

Heh .. yeah - make it an armored vehicle with a hatch on top and a gun turret or 2 ...

oh yeah i'm gonna lower my 85' GL wagon all i need is money and the equipment needed to do that. i want to make it as low as subaru_styles green RX. does any one have a lowered one with wagon wheels? i have heard that they look nice with wagon wheels. cuz i have a set of wagon wheels in my garage that i removed from my 85' GL.

I vote the yellow xt for best pic so far! :headbang:

Thanks!

How do you lower an EA82?

You can get coil over kits for them, the universal ones... I got some off Ebay, and personally I chopped the front springs via angle grinder, then add the coil overs to the rear. If you chop the rears, the car is too bouncy and hurtful to you, but the coil overs make it pretty smooth.

100_02511.jpg

This is my XT last year, before I "re rigged" the suspension... When I got the car, it had cut springs all around, and after I swapped the trannies, the front gained about an inch, but over all it was still very low.

xt4.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

Hucks is in front of me.

IMG_1791.jpg

Then I got Rims and wanted to make the ride less harsh so I simply put coil overs in the rear and left the front alone... The Rims and tires seemed to lift the car about an inch all around as well, but I also used the coil overs to give the car more rake... I like the way it looks currently :banana:

popcan.jpg

100_0679.jpg

[/photowhore]

I love my car too much:grin:

• Like 1

How do you lower an EA82?

i just put some of those spring braces for old/sagging springs on the front, but obviously i used them to clamp instead of spread. they don't rub if you put them towards the back of the spring. I'm trying to find some XT front struts though, i like that idea better.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...