Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Spfi ---> Ea81 ???

SuBrat84

So I was giving it some thought... how hard would it be to use SPFI from a 91 loyale (ea82) on my ea81 (hydro)? Do I need any special adapters? I should get some kind of new gaskets, right? Maybe you guys could point me to a good thread or two about it? Any stuff I need custom or new? Is it hard to work out the vacuum routing? What about the computer? Thanks everybody!! I sure would like to have my brat fuel injected to go along with that 5spd and rear lsd :headbang:

After I posted this thread I used the "Similar Threads" feature to locate some good threads, and did find and read most of the write up. Good stuff! The loyale has a silver computer. Doh! And I already got rid of the pedal assembly! Double Doh! So I would need to source out a black computer from an 87-89 ea82, right? Would that still work okay if the rest of the parts came from the loyale still? or would I need the wiring harness / disty with that computer? 2wd okay? I could get it at the JY most likely. What about like intake gaskets, etc? Is all of that info available on your wonderful write up? Thanks!

-Eli-

You can read my write up on it here:

http://home.comcast.net/~trilinear/EA81_SPFI.html

GD