Ultimate Subaru Message Board

5 lug swap, CV issues

NoahDL88

Thats good news.

It seems like its only a problem on the drivers side, when i push in the top of the knuckle to bolt it to the strut, it was really hard to get the holes to line up, and it seemed like it was the axle that was limiting the inward travel.

I guess i'll go through it again and see what i can find.

I installed the bottom control arm bolts last and I honestly have to say it was one of the most difficult things I've had to do in a while. If you had your control arm bolts in before the struts/knuckle bolts then your difficulty would have been similar to mine as it was your last point to close.

I think it's because I have taller Legacy struts with WRX springs on the front of mine; it looks to ride pretty high in front. I will be using a spring compressor on the struts whenever i have to take the front end apart as it will facilitate the the proper seating of the control arm bushing; it was sitting in the crossmember bracket sort of swiveled out, pivoted as from the strut rod bushing.

could be that as well.. my toe looked straight until i put the control arm bolts in (last), then i had to readjust the toe. Consider the spring compressor as well though.. good luck!

I'm gonna throw it on the alignment rack at work, and see if its just the fact that my toe is way out. After that i'm out of ideas.

I used, impreza FWD axles, with Imp hubs brakes and knuckles, the struts were random EJ with EA hats, and the ball joints are EJ i believe with the XT-6 control arms.

When i was lining up the bolt for the camber adjust bolt, it seemed like there was something holding it out, and i can't figure out what it is, the strut isn't hitting anything so i'm pretty sure its not that, when i did an axle on my legacy it went in just fine, i dunno, i'm gonna align it some time this year, and then go from there.