Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat Seats

scooter0000

That may be my Brat (87 Black). I have had the RS seats in my for 3 years or so. Got lucky on them as they came out of a brand new Impreza that was bought for racing, seats removed after two weeks but sat for a year unprotected in a garage (dusty with dog hair). I am 5' 9" and with the rear mount low as I could get it my head is about 1.5-inches from the roof. I give this information incase you may be taller. I ride with the track forward one click and the seat laid back against the rear wall. They are the best seats I have ever sat in period and my daughter has a new Acura to compare to. The seat mount holes are 1-inch wider than stock so minor modifications do have to be done but are easy to accomplish in part of a day. There is also pictures of the Brat here, the old webpage that you probably saw hasn't been updated in some time as it cost 10-15 dollars a month to have back when I started it. I just let it go but it still is on the web without access for updating.

They are many options on this style seat such as the WRX and also leather versions that may be found. I woulds guess that if you were approaching 6' of height they may not be the best choice.

Good luck in your seat search.

I am planning to buy a BRAT this week, and I am concerned about leg room. I am 6' with long legs, and with the seat all the way back, I would still like more room. I noticed there is about 4" from the back of the seat to the back wall of the cab.

Does anyone have any clean mods to move the seats back more? I can come up with something myself, or possibly replace the seats as the driver's seat is torn. All suggestions welcome.

Qman's over 6" and he said he fits fine with XT/XT6 seats transplanted into his Brat. The XTseries seats sit lower.

I can personally affirm that they sit lower, as I'm 5'5" and I had to adjust the XTs in my brat all the way up to see out :lol:

I am planning to buy a BRAT this week, and I am concerned about leg room. I am 6' with long legs, and with the seat all the way back, I would still like more room. I noticed there is about 4" from the back of the seat to the back wall of the cab.

Does anyone have any clean mods to move the seats back more? I can come up with something myself, or possibly replace the seats as the driver's seat is torn. All suggestions welcome.