Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Reasonable price for my RX?

Well im sure im going to be selling this thing right after winter. Now granted i fix the thermostat housing so it stops seaping out coolant, and start it cold, and it runs fine for the most part. What do you think i could fetch for this thing. So far it has

35k Motor

less than 10k on

Clutch

CV joints

ignition system

Rear LSD and Driveshaft

Less than 1500 miles on

Alternator

Intake Gaskets

Alot of coolant hoses

timing belts

main seal

water pump

Radiator (BRAND new)

New Muffler and Chrome tip

Headlights will be getting replaced with good ones

Paints in OK condition, clear coat peeling on roof and trunk

Surface rust around rear wheel wells, nothing structural

Rear defroster, like 1/2 of the lines work

Heater does work

A/c Inoperable, just a line was leaking, compressor is good

Windsheild has no cracks

Gauges all work

Doesnt overheat, stays right at 1/3 of the gauge in all situations

GREAT tires, lots of tread, the Snow tires look nearly new and the studs are still sharp, may be included also.

ALL power windows work and are fairly quick

Manual transmission goes into every gear fine, and is abit notchey, and the clutch has never slipped for me.

Car is very very queit exhaust wise, you can barley hear the exhaust, you mostley hear the clutch fan winding up.

No suspension shake on highway, rear struts good, fronts alittle bouncy. Frame is straight

Now im saying any person on the street who would buy this thing, not some1 who can pick every problem out

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Prospeeder/Subaru/RX.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Prospeeder/Subaru/interior.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Prospeeder/Subaru/RXside.jpg

I was thinking of Putting 1000 in the window and seeing if anyone bit on it.... i sold my 1988 mazda with no options and 160k , burned oil and had a salvage title for 750$

Iv got about 750$ total into the car, including How much i bought it for, licensing, and everything

i have a couple theorys about cheap cars.

I think anything that runs pretty good and has good tags are worth $500+.

I think anything that runs pretty good, good tags and looks not like sh*t is worth $1000+

And if it runs pretty good, pretty clean and strait, and good tags and has some new stuff on it. $1500+

this is just my theorys, it may mean crap to some people, but i work with my parents auto brokering company and that is what I am able to sell cheap cars for all day long.

Man it would be sad if you sold it to "someone on the street". Even as good as these cars can be it will need work in the future that will confound some random owner and they will junk it. that's one less clutch pack LSD in the world. Unless someone get's parts 'fore it goes to the crusher.

The Killers:

Flapper MAF turbo with gen 1 heads

No FT4WD

1.2:1 low range

Sedan RX body, with a TON of miles on it.

Sadly, not a very desireable EA82 in comparison to the *real* coupe RX's. People in the know want a coupe for the RX line, and people just looking for an old soob are usually looking for a wagon for skiiing, etc. The body style is also getting very, very dated, and I don't think you are likely to have many interested parties in the community at large if you have the price at $1k. Put it out for $800 OBO, and let them haggle you down to $500.

Frankly if you put some effort into it, you wouldn't be so hot on selling it. It's worthless as cars in general go, but if you get things straight it will be worth *more* to you because you know the car.

GD