Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anoter Informal Poll: Circa 1995 Subarus...how many miles you got on yours?

Hey all,

If you got a 1995 Subaru (give or take a couple of years) I'd love to know how many miles you have on yours (or how many miles yours had on her when she died).

I'm trying to get a feel for whether or not she's worth putting a few bucks into to ride her a few more years...

I'll show you mine if you show me yours:

148,000 miles and still counting for my sweet girl...

-V5

96 OBW 2.2 5spd 206k miles,going strong and driven hard daily.:headbang: Second motor,but the first only failed because the guy who put my clutch in had my coolant reservoir out and neglected to properly secure it back in. I lost it and the car ran great for another 15 miles before it just suddenly died,I wish I had realised the sound wasn't just a stone or twig hitting my car. Original engine was at 200k miles and was still very strong,this engine is at about 142k miles and is slightly better than the first.

Hey all,

If you got a 1995 Subaru (give or take a couple of years) I'd love to know how many miles you have on yours (or how many miles yours had on her when she died).

-V5

1991 Legacy 2.2T Auto 299,000 miles, original engine-transmission, starting to get a bit tired, oddball stuff wearing out, but should still be at least another 100,000 in it.

1990 L-series wagon, 315000km (about 200k miles) but its done way more, because its had 14inch rims and big tyres most of its life, i'd say at least another 20-30,000 km....

the only thing its had re-done is the oil-pump..go you good thing!

alex

95 Legacy Brighton Wagon 199000K (This morning!!!). I've only replaced Struts, engine seals, and shifter bushings. This month I had to replace the big bearing on the input shaft of the transmission, but when I changed trasmission fluid at 175000, it looked like it was original. And it looks like my gas tank is starting to rust apart at the seam, but considering this car spent the first 9 years and 160000 miles of its life in New Hampshire, that's not bad.

Runs like a champ. Every oil change I've gotten all 4 quarts of oil back out, and I change every 5000 miles.

1996 legacy brighton wagon with auto tranny. bought it last spring for next to nothing and did only a few minor repairs to it. currently has 283,000 kms. (175,000 mi.) on it. i am/was a vw/audi guy and this car just amazes me. so much so that i had thought that i would like an a4 audi turbo 5-speed but am now reconsidering. who needs the headaches to keep that car on the road when i can get an impreza 5-speed and spend more of my time enjoying it rather than repairing an audi.on my legacy, all that i've really had to do was a number of engine sensors, plugs and wires, a fuel filler tube and a bit of body work.

all i need now is a little bit of snow nere in norther ontario so i can enjoy that all wheel drive feeling.

regards from the great green north,

mark

1992 Legacy L Wagon 205000 miles no major engine work (clutch, timing belt, AC evaporator, starter only)

1993 Legacy L Sedan 195000 miles no major work (only timing belt, alternator and AC)

1995 Legacy LS Sedan 135000 miles (no work)

1998 Forrester S 130000 miles (needs Head gasket)

I have done multiple half shafts on all cars.

Hey all,

I'm trying to get a feel for whether or not she's worth putting a few bucks into to ride her a few more years...

I'll show you mine if you show me yours:

148,000 miles and still counting for my sweet girl...

-V5

I've got around 94,000 miles on my 95 Legacy LS sedan a/t. I boough it 2 1/2 years ago at 67,000 miles.

-I had to change my Rear Main Seal(where engine and tranny meet),

-my crank pully fell off randomly one day, had to replace with new one,

-my Rear Output Shaft Seal just went out a week or so ago and I have to change that now.

If anything major happens that I can't fix or my friends and I can't fix then I'll be swapping out the engine/tranny to a JDM twin turbo combo.:)