Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Old Soob Parts New England?

Any favorites? I can bluntly say my area is a jackass when it comes to old soobs, but hey I can get them cheaper that way. I gave up on The junk yards local. Did find one in NH, but replies seem scarce and no 1-800 number, no online purchases. I even called the one place found in my local phone book (over 100 miles away) and they didn't even have basic common breaking parts for the ea82's that run forever.

Anybody lead me to a good place in New England stocked up on old soobs?

You've got a board member "junkyardGabe" working a yard in Freeport.There's 2 yards on the same road there.Alling Ridge Rd. I think it is,and it's right off of Rt.1 just east of the tourist trap-L.L.Bean,etc.

The first yard has way cool old stuff,but minimal Subarus.

Just down the road where Gabe works is more small cars,certainly more Subarus.

Damned if I can remember the name of the yard.

F & S in Waterbury CT but they're expensive and don't have much 70's/80's anymore.

Right now,I mean NOW is a good time to consider coming down to "wagonsonly's" place.He's kind of forced to get rid of some EA81 and EA82 cars.He's in CT right at the Mass. line off I-91

Our man Charlie has a sort of personal yard with tons of EA82 stuff and some EA81.

More pockets in CT but they are drying up fast.

thanks.

If I had space, I would have 3 of them complete for parts. A funny story about a place I was renting, the owner ended up with 2 and so did I, but a normal household can't just keep that stuff here (city). I did find a place, but not a junk yard, the owner said i was welcome to check in once and awhile, about half a dozen gl/dl/loyale and even an old lifted one (I should mention usmb to him, the guy is no doubt a sube enthusiast- including obvious custom work). I mentioned that place to a local usmb user, but can't go a larger mention than that. Thanks. I did contact f&s about a tailgate handle, price was great- can't seem to work through the email to get stuff. There is 3 on the road here daily by my place around my year.... I wish I could mention to a junk yard to hang onto at least a couple of them complete to part out slowly. They wouldn't regret it.

as it is, I have a windshield in the closet, a parts bin with lenses/lights ecu, wiring, etc and a front end sitting on a pallot in the back yard :grin:

If I had 2 cents for everytime I dug into the spare parts... the jy would have soaked me by now. Having another soob entirely for parts is where its at now I guess.

Having another soob entirely for parts is where its at now I guess.

couldn't have said it better myself.

I have two xt6 parts cars.

MY SAVIORS.

couldn't have done it without the two cars that gave their lives to make another keep on truckin

also I have two parts legacies if anyone in the northeast ever needs something from one