Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I found a 95 LSi sedan AWD 2.2L, auto with 74600 miles. Cosmetic bumps and dings on body but sounds mechanicaly sound. Recent replaced water pump and "Checked" timing belt. new pads and rotors. standard LSi options nothing additional. asking $3980!

Does this sound reasonable? Outstanding? Jump on it? Any thing to watch out for on the model year?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

How does someone replace a waterpump and not a timing belt? At that low a mileage and year the car will need a timing belt (time can be just as bad as mileage). Also find out why the mileage is so low, and how often the oil was changed. If it was changed by mileage and not calender (especially with short trips) i would closely listen to the engine.

It sounds high to me. Check on bluebook what the recomended value should be.

nipper

Thanks Nipper,

My thoughts are the same. I have not seen the car yet but all of what you say will come into the review.

I cant believe anyone would do H2o pump and not timing belt??

Sounds like it spent a year parked on the street in Manhattan. Therefore lots of door dings, but may have sat neglected for that time too?? TBD

Will keep posted.

Thanks again, Mike

Thanks Nipper,

My thoughts are the same. I have not seen the car yet but all of what you say will come into the review.

I cant believe anyone would do H2o pump and not timing belt??

Sounds like it spent a year parked on the street in Manhattan. Therefore lots of door dings, but may have sat neglected for that time too?? TBD

Will keep posted.

Thanks again, Mike

so just got started to move from one side of the street to another. Any car that has spent its life on the street of manhatten i would walk away from.

nipper