Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Convertion: '85 BRAT to EJ22 with 5 speed D/R. Questions, Pictures its all in here

yegoshin

So I decided to start a blog if you will pretaining to my convertion. I can post pictures of most things just ask away.

I am a the point of wiring this thing up so, if anyone out there has an FSM Wiring diagram for an '85 BRAT (or anything close to it) I would be eternaly greatfull to you. Here is a picture of my current wiring harness (not including the EJ one yet):

IMG_9453.JPG

I am going to take apart the harness and trash all the stuff I don't need. I know some people would call it exessive. I understand but I would like this to be a clean install. I would like to achive a state where all the wiper/lights/etc are kind of thier own separate harness and if in the future I want to drop in another EJ engine all I would have to do it put the old EJ wires out and drop the new wires in.

It looks like you're making the process a little harder than it need be...

There's really no need to strip anything from the brat harness. Keep it intact and you'll have all your wiper/lights/etc on the stock harness.

When you pull the harness from the EJ donor, that's where you strip it down to the bare essentials (basically the ECU, engine harness, and relays). And then you basically just connect that to power and ground on the brat. There's no real "splicing" or integration of the two harnesses.

And if you want to put in a different EJ motor down the road, as long as it was wired right the first time, the wiring can stay, just swap in the long block!