Ultimate Subaru Message Board

gen 1 jumpseats into a gen 2??

I can measure the Gen 1 headrest bracket/slider tomorrow if you want. I've got 'em out in the car. I suppose you could move the lower brackets up a little if they were shorter, if you were a person who was planning on painting their Brat, or just didn't care..

I think the seats themselves are the same.

No they don't, I tried one time.;) The Gen 2 Brats are like an inch taller than the gen 1's and so the headrests won't bolt up unless you cut and weld. Everything else DOES fit though. Hope this helps.

OK, I got my hands on a GEN 2 brat today. The headrest frames/sliders from a 1st gen are exactly the same length as the gen 2's, but if you bolt the bottom on the top bold hole is about 1/2 inch lower than the hole in the mount, but the flat piece is longer in the GEN 1's, so there is plenty of room to drill a hole to bolt it in the correct spot.

• 5 weeks later...
You can use the entire setup from a gen one, providing you have the stock gen two headrest brackets and a drill. I had to drill a hole about 3/4 to 1 into up from the existing top hole on the gen 1 sliders. The rest is simple.

Oh, you've got them on now? I'll have to come up and check them out sometime, maybe it won't be so stinkin' cold..... or dark......... less dark would be great.

Oh, you've got them on now? I'll have to come up and check them out sometime, maybe it won't be so stinkin' cold..... or dark......... less dark would be great.

I actually put them on the day after we went yard hopping, i used the three brakcets we found on the 83 and the one i had made with the bend-a-bracket stuff temporarily, except being silver and riveted on nobody would know they didn't come in there