Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Show off your roos Mileage!

My brother's GL just died. The 249,926 is the final number on the ticker. Compression is low all the way around, and number 4 is down to 35PSI. Not sure what killed it, just that its dead. The rust on it is too much to justify putting anymore into the car. It will see the junkyard probably in a few days (after I rob the 3.9 rear diff from it).

A sad Saturday it was when we finally started checking it out.

not to be a wongleflute but if the engine hadn't died the rust wqould have gotten it soon enough any way, look at the bright side at least he didn't get a satern, oh wait... well sry

'80 GL BRAT: odo. says some 80k, but I think it is prolly 280k

'92 SVX: Just went through the 5spd. sex change at 137,000:banana:

'05 Legeacy: (moms) about 40,000 on it. She's an new born.:lol:

I know there is more of you out there c'mon... what's the mileage

heh, Isnt this just GROSS?!??!?

Resizeofodo.jpg

sorry for the poor quality, but yes my girl just passed over 144,000 miles last night. her new headgaskets are sitting in the sheet feeder to my printer (lol) and I am expecting the cam case O-rings and intake manifold gaskets from 1stsubaruparts.com tomorrow.

So in other words, (from my point of view) these engines last about 144K before they blow headgaskets :grin::banana:

(yes yes, i know, its actually X00,000 miles plus an overheat :-p)

heh, Isnt this just GROSS?!??!?

Resizeofodo.jpg

sorry for the poor quality, but yes my girl just passed over 144,000 miles last night. her new headgaskets are sitting in the sheet feeder to my printer (lol) and I am expecting the cam case O-rings and intake manifold gaskets from 1stsubaruparts.com tomorrow.

Oh that is soooo badass, Its so cool to see another digidash just like mine.

Oh that is soooo badass, Its so cool to see another digidash just like mine.

ROFL good thing it was night time, and you cant see all the foul nasty-assed discoloration and plastic oxidation thats going on around that thing.... my car needs to be crushed in a bad way. I hate to say it, but some of you out there have had old dogs, haven't you? I almost feel bad doing the headgaskets on it, because the chassis is SOO terminal with the cancer.. but opefully one day I will have another soob, and it will be worth it to have the spare engine and all the GL-10 computer & cruise control goodies :grin::grin:

I can build my own GL-5!

• 3 months later...

Alllllllllright people I AM BOOORRRED So.... I wanted to wait aliitle bit longer but Howzabout a mileage update.... Comeone new members I know that theirs some new people on here or atlease some of you have new roos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yeah and this might be considered a slight BUMP!!!

Mine's a fetus: 93 Loyale AWD Wagon - 83,547. Bought it new in Aug 93. The miles are all mine. Thought about trading it in for a 07 Outback wagon, but just found out frigg'n Subaru did away with the 4 wheel drive on demand. Gas mileage on an all wheel drive Subie sucks and I like having the 2 wheel drive/4 wheel drive option. Think I'll keep the old girl for a few more years. Besides - she's a great fishing vehicle :)

Ken

My baby ('86 GL 3-door, 3AT, non-turbo) just turned 96,000 miles last week, I plan to get 200,000 out of her before I even consider selling. She's getting new tires, brakes, and possibly suspension and body work in the near future.

I'm probably going to put way more into her than she's worth, but she's taken good care of me so i guess i can do it :grin:

ok... I dont know if this has been done on the USMB before, but, I thought it would be kinda cool to see how many miles everyones roo has on it... I'll start... My blueroo has 253,002 on it!!!

I sure hope this takes...

1987 Gl 4wd station wagon. 293000 miles. I am the third owner of this car. I bought it from a friend that I have known since high school(1976), and his in laws bought it new. I have the whole history of the car, books, service records, etc. back to the day it rolled out out the showroom, it even came from the local dealer in my old home town.

It is a wonderful car, I love it. I have driven it in snow up to the doors and it it kept moving.

1991 Loyale 4WD 5-Speed. Just flipped 252,000!! Still going but getting rusty!! It's my commuter vehicle so my 2005 GTO can be a garage queen. Plan on keeping her going as long as humanly possible. GREAT little wagon and push button 4WD kicks a** in these Wisconsin winters.

goatcheez

Wow, I pick up a '92 SVX and I still find myself at home here in the older generation section lol.

205,000 miles on this baby, she's pullin great.

I had legal ownership of one of the nefarious Trashwagons, if anyone here knows MilesFox, that thing had stupid high miles too.

But alas, it finally met it's end.

• 4 months later...

Allright laides, Listen up...... My car now has drumroll please......... 258815..... wow huh I dont put super miles on my car now do I.... And guess whats even more surprising, or not at all surprising... its still slower than everything!!! except my friends 4 runner :headbang: it hasnt been too long but its time to fire up these engines again!!! so what else you guys got???