Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Show off your roos Mileage!

My 89 Brumby(Brat gen 2) had 355 thousand K's but now shows 205 on it;s new 84 4 dr auto sports dash same as brats got stock,since added another 28.000 km.

My previous 83 4wd wagon was retired and stripped for parts still going strong at 460 thousand Kilometers,being driven daily six days a week round trip of 160 miles to work every day.

How many modern cars would you buy at 300.000 KM about 180,000 Miles that you could reliably drive those distances daily,only replaced wheel bearings and a fuel pump and tyres whilst adding another 100 thousand miles to that wagon,gotta love Subaru toughness and build quality.

might as well

'90 Loyale Turbo W/ Full Time 4wd has 183,800

i should be putting more on it hopefully, fixing a few leaks in the front end

non subaru.

1979 Datsun 280zx ~86,000

1987 Toyota Camry wagon (loaner car) roughly 550,000

its a relatives car i am driving currently, they say the origonal speedo broke at about 180,000 miles and they replaced it with a NEW speedo from toyota (so it shows 000,000 new) and it now says 390,000

• 9 months later...

I have 290K+ on Xandra (1990 Legacy) replaced the engine with a 91' with 90k

on it at 130K, and then they rebuilt the auto tranny at 150k, then at 280k I rebuilt the top end of the engine, at 281K I replaced the dead 4EAT with a

decent 94' 5sp and have been abu- I mean driving it since.

Just had a timing idler fail cuz I was a der-de-der and didn't replace them when

I did the top end of the engine.

So $100 later and I got a kit to do all that.

1985 BRAT with 260K, original engine, just got sick of the crappy 4sp d/r linkage

and just upgraded to a 5sp d/r out of an 85' wagon :banana:

So the BRAT is still all one year.

Twitch

• 2 weeks later...

My rusted out GL-10 finally ate the clutch packs in the 3AT at 177K and I sold it to someone who pulled the engine and some other parts, and junked it. I figured I had to post a final mileage on her.. I was sad to see her go, but the 5 speed swap car failed to materialize at just the right time, and I needed to get rid of the car and get the $250 I got for her.

My Rubie (1991 Loyale, 1.8, 4wd, 5 sp.) has 220,056 original miles. Runs like a champ with the exception of a little lifter noise now and then and hitting the deer at 45mph took out the AC. She did overheat one day coming back from seaside just before the summit on a hot summers day but I think I have that figured out. She does fine on the flat, sips gas and is a good old gal that treats me right.

• 3 months later...

Macattack, in answer to your question that I noticed on another thread, Fenders or any body pieces from a '94 Legacy will not fit your '95. 1989-'94 was the first gen Legacy - '95-99 was the 2nd gen Legacy :)

'95 Legacy 4EAT Duel Port EJ22.

2010_0707Test0013.jpg

'92 Loyale 3AT SPFI EA82.

As many of you know, and some of you who don't...

0629101107a.jpg

Hellz Yeah :headbang:

EDIT: This is a pic of Xandra's odometer.

She's a 90,91,94 Lego on her second engine and third (technically) tranny.

Twitch

PS: The BRAT hasn't changed much yet, but that's because the speedo cable

snapped :eek:

Edited by Twitch de la Brat