Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Evans Creek WA. run in Feb?

heep70

Anyone wanna :burnout: the Evans Creek trails in Feb? I should have my junk together by then. I am open to pretty much any weekend except the last one in Feb.

I was going to do a poll on which weekend, but there isn't an option to do that. Or is there?

And don't forget your gas cap key :grin: Did you get that winch on yet? What do you need?

Lets see if anyone else chimes in and has a preffered date.

No more locking cap for the Hatch:rolleyes:

Qman gave me some input for getting the winch in, just need better weather to do it. Maybe 10deg warmer should work:Flame:

I should be ready to break my piece by then. I will be trailering though. Dam trailer queens!!

Qman, did you get that alt in the truck? I would bring mine over for you to look at, but it has no rear driveline right now. If you need to come on over and look.

Which rig you gonna bring?

Anyone else game??????????????????????????? :horse:

I am thinking maybe Febuary 3 would be a good date? Meet at the main enterance parking area lets say 9:30AM? :brow:

Dang, why so early?:-\

I dont get to bed till 3am most the time (and thats not by choice either)

Dang, why so early?:-\

I dont get to bed till 3am most the time (and thats not by choice either)

I am still open for dates and times. I don't know what works best for everyone. I just prefer to be home before dark. So might have to sacrafice some sleep for play time.

I don't plan on doing any of the high elevation trails that are buried in the snow. I wil probaly stay around the 311, 197, 198, 520 and 102.

I just got a call my driveline is on its way home, so I will be ready. :clap:

I have to turn a piece of 1x2 square stock into a 1x2 L shape. And its about 2ft long. I would prefer to cut as much as possible with my angle grinder, that way I dont have a bunch of slag to smooth off from the torch. Or I could find a piece of this size ready to go, then just cut the whole thing out and replace it with that. Save me from alot of work with the grinder. I might just make a trip to Fife to the metal yard this week:brow: Or, take the sawsall, cut the piece out, drop the winch in, then weld the sucker back on. I would like to see someone try and steal that sucker then:rolleyes:

I think I'll try the latter way first. Cant hurt, and it just might be alot faster.

Well get it on there. I am sure Ken will need to be pulled out all day long. :lol:

Ken can't say too much to that, or Rob will pull out pics of the last time the two of them were at EC. happy0187.gif

What time works better for you as far as meeting up at the trail head?

9:30's fine. I have to drive the better part of 2 hours one way to get there, what's Rob's time, 15 minutes?

Like Ken always says. "You'll have plenty of time to sleep when you're dead."

9:30's fine. I have to drive the better part of 2 hours one way to get there, what's Rob's time, 15 minutes?

Turbone hasn't let me know what time works better. I think maybe he is just whinning and 9:30AM will work. :rolleyes:

Where is all the other true blue trail reaming Suburu owners at? :confused:

2hrs? Are you driving granny speed or what?:-p

It takes me about 30min to reach the trailhead, I usually stop at the Chevron to get a day pass and donuts:rolleyes:

All right, I'll try and make it there by 9:30 but I wont guarantee it. If I'm late I'll get on the CB #5 and holler when I arrive.

Yeah, pretty much. I go thru Black Diamond and Enumclaw via Renton. I like the route cuz it's somewhat close to places to get help if I need it.

It takes me an hour and a half to Enumclaw, add 1/2 half hour, and yeah, 2 hours.

But, I did make it from Ken's place to my house in 40 minutes one time in Naomi's old imp. :eek: (Half the reason we got rid of that car) :burnout:

It takes me about 30min to reach the trailhead, I usually stop at the Chevron to get a day pass and donuts:rolleyes:

All right, I'll try and make it there by 9:30 but I wont guarantee it. If I'm late I'll get on the CB #5 and holler when I arrive.

Turbone, use channel 4. That channel seems to me the one used the most up there.

Ok, so then it will be official for the run to be on Feb. 3 meet at the main parking area at Evans Creek at 9:30AM. CB channel 4.

If you plan to go please post so we know to watch for ya. :grin:

Yeah, pretty much. I go thru Black Diamond and Enumclaw via Renton. I like the route cuz it's somewhat close to places to get help if I need it.

It takes me an hour and a half to Enumclaw, add 1/2 half hour, and yeah, 2 hours.

But, I did make it from Ken's place to my house in 40 minutes one time in Naomi's old imp. :eek: (Half the reason we got rid of that car) :burnout:

If you are going all the way into Enumclaw, your going the long way.

Turn right on 400th (Krains Corner, little resturaunt on right with new stoplight) Go about 3mi and turn left on 244th and take it all the way to Hwy410. Turn right and you will cross a bridge and be in Buckley. You know the way from there.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=&city=enumclaw&state=WA&zipcode=

Originally Posted by heep70

Well get it on there. I am sure Ken will need to be pulled out all day long. :lol:

Ken can't say too much to that, or Rob will pull out pics of the last time the two of them were at EC. happy0187.gif

Oh yeah, already did that. Look in the Off Road section on pulling stuff out of the woods:-p

If you are going all the way into Enumclaw, your going the long way.

Turn right on 400th (Krains Corner, little resturaunt on right with new stoplight) Go about 3mi and turn left on 244th and take it all the way to Hwy410. Turn right and you will cross a bridge and be in Buckley. You know the way from there.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=&city=enumclaw&state=WA&zipcode=

I think my route is pretty direct. . .

169 out of Renton, thru Maple Valley, then on to 410 in Enumclaw, then to Buckley and I'm there. I've been taking that Route since I first went to Evans in 98. . . I'm stickin' to it my friend.