Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Addition! Picture warning.

This morning I took dad with me and headed out 400-500k's in the brumby down the island. Loaded up- 13 rims, mostly wagon wheels. 9 snow tyres, most with tons of tread, an 81 Brumby, spare ea81, spare 4speed D/R and some other assorted bits and pieces. Paid $540 then drove the lot home.:)

Here is the picture story that follows.

Photobucket account not working so linking from wherever I can.

P1030017.jpg

Back when the new one still had two wipers.

One managed to launch itself at the car behind me after jumping off the edge of the windscreen and getting caught over the egde of the A pillar a billion times.

P1030018.jpg

P1030019.jpg

Big bore eh boe!

P1030020.jpg

P1030022.jpg

P1030027.jpg

At the hydro electric dam on the way home.

P1030025.jpg

P1030026.jpg

P1030029.jpg

P1030030.jpg

P1030031.jpg

Home. Ran perfectly the whole way.:)

P1030033.jpg

I think the front section (valance?) has been replaced with one off a single headlight model. I'm pretty sure its definately an '81, thats what the registration says anyway.

P1030032.jpg

P1030034.jpg

P1030035.jpg

P1030036.jpg

Nasty rump roast rust repairs everywhere. I love it.

P1030037.jpg

P1030040.jpg

EA81 in review mirror FTW.

P1030041.jpg

The other stuff.

Sorry for the ton of pictures, someone might find them interesting. I'll get some of underhood too, as the guy before me has put an electronic ignition kit on it, runs real nice. Apparantly its been repowered a lot of times too. fuelpump and filter are under the bonnet. Has a different alternator fitted with internal voltage reg. The guy was an electric engineer. Has the roll bar too. Great!

Engine rebuilt recently, rebuilt steering rack, new clutch. Bites hard. Spins 185.. Brilliant.

• Like 1

I got the 4 separate wagon wheels off a different guy in the same town, Going to use them for the RX as it hasn't got a full size spare.

That wheel thats different, theres 4 of them, and they're weird and grey and don't look much like any wagon wheels i've seen, different looking shaped spokes or something.

I think the seats are just standard brumby ones, they're the same as in my brumby, just the previous owner said he swapped the driver and passenger seats over and stuck that seat cover on because the drivers seat was a bit shot.

It was definately a fun trip. Got some looks from people as two of these teared past them up the passing lanes, (making tons of noise too, its got a fairly huge exhaust on it for the wee ea81).

It may be my work car or something I'm not sure. Or the one that I molest with the Stupid modifications.