Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi, folks. Just wanted to sign off and thank the many, many knowledgeable folks here at USMB for all their assistance while I owned my OBW. The g/f and I decided we needed a truck we could camp in (she hates sleeping on the ground) so the OBW has been traded in on a 2004 Toyota Tacoma 4x4.

I'm loving the Toyota but I did enjoy my Subaru. For all it's minor faults it was a sweet car, and I'd definitely recommend Subie to anyone looking for a good priced, reliable car with some surprisingly advanced features. In fact, when my g/f gets ready to replace her aging Chevy, I might try to push her towards a Legacy, Impreza or Forester. :banana:

Anyway, thanks again and keep the rubber side down! :headbang:

Every time you see a Subaru on the road, you'll be thinking, "Those were the days..."

Sooner or later, your girlfriend will get tired of you pointing out every Subaru you see and talking about how great your Subaru was. Then she'll start to think that sleeping on the ground wasn't so bad after all.

sorry to hear the woman wants a "toy"ota. camping and sleeping on the ground must be a worthy arguement... cause she won.I've been camping with my old subie for about 6 years now.I rigged up a curtian,bought an old jail matteress,dropped the seats down,cozy...comfy...and warm,march thru oct.

DR DLEX

You'll be back, since you will get tired of the rough ride from the Taco :grin:. I've had mine for about 11 months, and it's a good truck, just the ride is too rough and won't turn as tight. I am trying to sell my Tacoma, and get another Legacy of some shape or form, just havn't decieded which one yet.

Yup...just a break. Once you realize that sleeping in a Subaru wagon is way cooler than in a truck bed, you'll be back for more.

Happy trails!

That's what I just realized, it would be way more cooler to sleep in the back of a Subaru Wagon, than in the back of my Tacoma, plus the Subaru is way more fuel efficent ;)

Hi, folks. Just wanted to sign off and thank the many, many knowledgeable folks here at USMB for all their assistance while I owned my OBW. The g/f and I decided we needed a truck we could camp in (she hates sleeping on the ground) so the OBW has been traded in on a 2004 Toyota Tacoma 4x4.

I'm loving the Toyota but I did enjoy my Subaru. For all it's minor faults it was a sweet car, and I'd definitely recommend Subie to anyone looking for a good priced, reliable car with some surprisingly advanced features. In fact, when my g/f gets ready to replace her aging Chevy, I might try to push her towards a Legacy, Impreza or Forester. :banana:

Anyway, thanks again and keep the rubber side down! :headbang:

Funny thing, I don't know a single Leg Army veteran who has a Subaru. All Airborne!

The longer you're married - Ground -> tent with mattress pad -> trailer -> RV -> hotel with many stars:lol: