Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 loyale heating issue

What does your temp guage say? Does your heater blower work at all? On high? In my 92 loyale, the blower works weather the car is warm or ice cold. There is no temp. relay controlling the blower. Maybe someone put one in thinking it would improve heating. If your car is not heatin up, check your thermostat. If your blower motor doesn't work, it might be a fuse or the resistor block that provides slow blower speeds. I think it is behind the glove box(?) Search up heater blower resistor, you should find something.

I say replace your thermostat to start with. Its real easy.

What does your temp guage say? Does your heater blower work at all? On high? In my 92 loyale, the blower works weather the car is warm or ice cold. There is no temp. relay controlling the blower. Maybe someone put one in thinking it would improve heating. If your car is not heatin up, check your thermostat. If your blower motor doesn't work, it might be a fuse or the resistor block that provides slow blower speeds. I think it is behind the glove box(?) Search up heater blower resistor, you should find something.

I say replace your thermostat to start with. Its real easy.

The thermostat is new but not o.e.m, I will look up the resistor.The blower has always worked just fine until now,its weird.Could I have aproblem with the heater core.

Do you have enuff coolant in the system? What your describing is weird. If you thermo is new, your temp guage shows cold and you are blowing cold air I would say you might be low on coolant. Have you checked the coolant level in the radatior? The blower being finickey is probably jsut the resistor block or the switch. Does it work on high? There is no resistor for high, so it should always work unless it is totally destroyed. There should be no relay for warmup (you are able to blow cold air at first normally - B4 the car warms up)

Also, you should look into the temp. sender on the engine. It goes bad sometimes. I got one new for about $5. Your heater core should be fine unless you smell antifreeze inside the car (its aweful!)

you could also have a mess of stuff built up in your heater box.. this would prevent the air flowing over the heater core from picking up much heat (indeed, from flowing over the heater core at all.. it would all move through whatever holes it could find)

I have heard many horror stories about rats' nests etc insied there, it might not be a bad idea to look into trying to clean that out.

definitely check your coolant level, too.