Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Auto X

suberdave

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, ALL 4WD AX's had air suspension. Regardless of whether it's an NA 4cyl, turbo 4cyl, or XT6, if it was 4WD/AWD, it had air suspension. If it was FWD, it didn't.

I've autoX'ed both my XT and Legacy. Here's a pic of the 03 Subaru Challenge in which I ran the XT, just in GS (although it was my first autoX and, like a n00b, I DNF'ed 3 of my runs :rolleyes:)

95Ginger_AutoX_ing.JPG

And here's a pic from the 06 Subaru Challenge a couple months ago that I ran my Legacy in. I know better what I'm doing now (I actually placed towards the middle of the field), and I run the car in STS class because it has WRX springs and a Legacy Turbo rear swaybar.

Patti_at_Challenge.JPG

i've just started autoXing and just finished my second event yesterday... since the brat isn't done i've been ripping it up in the civic hatchback... it's a good little car to autoX!

the first event i went to i got pretty pwnd... dnf'd 4 times out of 6...:rolleyes:

and the two times that i did place were 5 seconds slower than the other HS cars...

however this event i didn't DNF at all!:)

and better yet my times progressively got better as the day went by... went from 66 seconds down to 62... my last run i got 63... i'm gonna say it's because i had a passenger with me and we had 'danger zone' blasting for the whole run...(you know, from top gun...)

i also learned the awesomeness of running high pressure in the tires... i went from 29psi to 40... shaved 2.5 seconds off my time...:cool:

48cswwj.jpg

like my body roll? and tire flex?!? this was before going to 40psi...:rolleyes:

i think i may have even put down some competative times after PAX... results aren't posted yet, so we'll see!

Yeah, it's definitely a good idea to up tire pressures when you're on high-profile tires. I did in the Legacy for the Subaru Challenge (I think I ran 42/40 f/r), and I'm glad I did.

Oh, and Dios's post reminded me, if you run autoX, don't get a carbon-fiber hood. It automatically puts you in SM. One Challenge participant found that out the hard way. He had literally nothing beside a CF hood and a muffler, but because of the hood, he was in SM.

Well, the autox season is about to get into full swing! I propose that as many of us as possible attend a few of these events as a club. I will either be campagining my turbo wagon or co-drive with my Dad's WRX. Who would be interested in attending events in Everett? Bremerton? Bellingham? Boundry Bay, B.C.?

Well, the autox season is about to get into full swing! I propose that as many of us as possible attend a few of these events as a club. I will either be campagining my turbo wagon or co-drive with my Dad's WRX. Who would be interested in attending events in Everett? Bremerton? Bellingham? Boundry Bay, B.C.?

i go to the boundry bay events here through the UBCSCC... most of the ones now are going to be in pitt meadows airport though... would be awesome to see some of you guys come up!:)

i just finished another event yesterday... was really fun, lots of cars and a great turn out... more subies than miatas FTW!!!:-p

out of 87 drivers i came in 64th before PAX and 48th after PAX... 2nd in H stock...:)

i'm really happy with my times... it looks like i'm improving...(third event)

and i made a camera mount at work that bolts to my roof rack...(i work for a company called rack attack... we sell roof racks... duh...) so i had some spare time at work and it looks like it turned out great!

there is the vid... i put it to music because there was huge wind noise... so instead of having it silent, i put in some liquid tension experiment...

that was my best run... plus my two mistakes...

• 2 weeks later...
You guys have weird autoX setups. I'd get confused running like that.

That was good driving though. I like the music synced with it too :)

it's kinda confusing with the figure 8 in there... plus 'the wall'... you go a different direction after the second figure 8 so you gotta keep an eye on that... the map makes it even more confusing...:rolleyes:

but once you get out there it's easy... :) (going fast is the hard bit)

• 3 months later...

xt6.net is down and I am bored so I am looking over USMB for a change and found this thread. I autox quite a bit with my XT6 in STS, in fact, I am the event chair at this weekend's CIR-region event. Here is a video from very early on last season at a fund raising event:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4897406

And here are some pics from a few days ago of Ruby Sue on her new (crappy) Sumitomo HTRZ II tires on Volk rims that I bought for this season:

Volk1.jpg

Volk2.jpg

She will be for sale/trade at the end of the autox season more than likely... not with those wheels, though. :rolleyes: The rims will be going on my other XT6 (Molly is black and beautiful and growing on me every day) and Ruby Sue will be sold with stockers. I am going to miss her, but it wil be impractical for me to keep two of these beasts around for too much longer.

• 4 weeks later...