Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pictures of alloy guards for Loyale 4X4

Hi.

I want to show you pictures of underground alloy guards to the engine, the gearbox and the rear diff.

This is just the begining of what I'm going to improve in my Leone (name in Israel, Loyale as called in US/Canada).

Enjoy, and let me know what do you think about those guards.

Gal.

5224992.jpg

5224994.jpg

6428289.jpg

6428290.jpg

6428291.jpg

6428292.jpg

6428293.jpg

6428294.jpg

6428295.jpg

Dude-

Those plates are SWEET! You did all that work yourself? Looks like you laser cut those plates (or very steady hand with a plasma torch) and definatly had a press break to bend 'em. Very very nice. Heck, think about producing a basic set and sell them worldwide. You know that we all would snap them up!

PS- Hows the Leone handle over there? (I know the awnser!)

Very nice work:clap:

A couople of suggestions tho.

There are some of us that do some very aggressive off-roading and the y-pipe is usually getting beat up pretty bad. Maybe try and incorporate shields for the exhaust somehow. Dont think this is the case where your at or doing, but for further reference to anyone here wanting to build something similiar.

Also, all the bolts should be flatheads and countersunk. They will get sheared off by rocks/hard pack easily.

But I say again, nice work:headbang:

Hi all.

Thanks for the positive feadback.

There is a place near my city (Haifa at Israel) that called PROJEEP. This is a place to modify your 4X4.

I like very much the work that thety do, because of it, I do all the mods there.

They use a 6mm alloy plates.

If I convert the price that I paid from ILS (Israeli Shekel) to USD it cost something like 720$ with work included (I mean cut the plates and assembale and fit them on thr car). whould someone pay this price to buy a set of underground guards?

About the skid plate, after one year of using this plate, the car never heated or something llike that. The engine still get air from this hole. The plate doesn't block all the entrance of the air to the engine, and I did this because it guard the radiator from trees on ground from make holes in the radiator and the ac radiator.

Very nice work:clap:

A couople of suggestions tho.

Also, all the bolts should be flatheads and countersunk. They will get sheared off by rocks/hard pack easily.

But I say again, nice work:headbang:

I strongly agree. Did you catch what he meant by that? I hate to be a jerk about it, but technical terms like "countersunk" and "flatheads" (ie, not pan-head or hex head) are the types of words that might be misunderstood by non-native english speakers.... I mean, your english is fine, and I applaud you for it.. but I also try to be aware that not everyone on this forum was bron speaking english. Just trying to make sure everything is clear :)

Countersunk - To cause (the head of a screw, bolt, etc.) to sink into a prepared depression so as to be flush with or below the surface.

I would also use brass, or some other soft metal for the bolts that can break/rip away from your chassis without causing damage to the car itself.

flathead.JPG

Hope this helps

Thank you, Skip!! I should have thought of doing that myself. Not only is it a kiloword, it crosses language barriers. The image was alot nicer than trying to find a way to say "I hope your english is good enough to understand me."

Soft metal fasteners is a good idea as well, I hadn't thought of that one..