Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Los Angeles Wrenchfest/BBQ/project EJ-18 unveiling 2/24/07

I am hosting a wrenching day for people at my place.

I should also have the finishing touches on my EJ-BRAT.

There are already a bunch of IMP/WRX people coming, mostly those who are intrigued w/the idea of an EJ powered BRAT. Any old schoolers out there who would like to represent?

I usually have a BBQ and people bring their projects as well so any who is willing to lend a hand is welcome as well.

2615 curtis ave, redondo beach, 90278

310-292-5258

BW

So things are looking really good for the 24th.

I got the headers from Garage Tuning. I am getting axles from Wan Lin and the cat back WRX exhaust from a dude on NASIOC.

I need an ignitor, but I have a guy tracking one down for me. I also need to get longer shocks for the back.

I plan to get some fuel injection hoses today and install the fuel pump and rehose the carby lines.

In terms of the lift. The rear lift blocks are still being finished and then installed.

BW

• 3 weeks later...

Cracker,

sure. I think there will be enough people there who can lend a hand. I am a little behind in my BRAT project. I had some problems with the tranny mount lift blocks and I had to re-work them. Other than that it's all going well.

Still need the ignitor.

BW

Update for those who didn’t make it to the BBQ

Had a good turn out.

Not much work done on other people’s cars.

Dan, with the pristine Blue WRX wagon helped me with getting fuel lines looked at.

We first tried to use the existing BRAT charcoal canister and stuff, but that turned out to the be a huge PITA. After looking at a Legacy motor, I decided retro-fit EJ stuff instead.

The best part of the weekend was I hooked up the engine harness and the ECU and I was able to get spark to the plugs. So I just need to get the fuel stuff resolved and it should start.

Went to the Pick a Part and found a Legacy sitting there. Got the charcoal canister and some assorted fuel parts for about $20.00.

In terms of wheels I decided to go with 225/75/16 wheels. The tires are equal to a 29 inch tire and they will be mounted on WRX rims painted white.

Muffler will be a 2002 WRX exhaust. Will use the exhaust from where it bolts to the down pipe to the muffler. I have get a 90 degree elbow made so that I can bolt it up where it meets the headers. It would be nice to get some larger diameter headers later on b/c the 1.8L headers are pretty puny.

Estimated time of completion would be 2 weeks.

BW