Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I Jumped it

:rolleyes: Ok pictures are to come but for now I would like to know if I can use a 81 hatch's wheel berring houseing(you know the thing that the strut and the tire rod connect to) on a 87 brat?

Need less to say the strut punched down through the top of the houseing and now wrest right in front of the passangers drive shaft.:dead: Also if any one knows where I can get one new that would help too.

:rolleyes: Ok pictures are to come but for now I would like to know if I can use a 81 hatch's wheel berring houseing(you know the thing that the strut and the tire rod connect to) on a 87 brat?

Need less to say the strut punched down through the top of the houseing and now wrest right in front of the passangers drive shaft.:dead: Also if any one knows where I can get one new that would help too.

what were you doing? :eek:

I will have pics soon. I slid off a gravel road at about 40mph and skipped/jumped a deep and wide arrigation revine..I relize about 50 yds out I was not slowing down I tried to make the turn but chickened out and hit it stragiht on. Good for me be cause if I hit it side ways I might be dead or at least the brat would be dead.. Live and learn.:-\

lucky for me one of my freinds spoted a 81 hatch at a junk yard. The funny thing is when I was talking to my wife about it she said too bad you just can not tow the hatch home to strip it. Then she made me PROMISE that when I start working on it I can not use any thing that is not a tool to work on it.. IE like using her spatula to apply bondo.. she was realy strict about it:mad: she said I could buy what ever tools I needed but no..NO kitchen utensils..ever..E..V.E.R.:banghead:

• 7 months later...

Well.. better late then never.. My freind just found out how to get the pics of my brat off his phone soo here you go. The bad news is other then all the other crap busted on it like I thought it would be the motor now ticks and I think I pushed the strut houseing up a few inches.. so I think I will try to hunt down another old subaru and use this brat for parts :(

post-17621-136027624872_thumb.jpg

post-17621-136027624879_thumb.jpg

post-17621-136027624887_thumb.jpg

post-17621-136027624893_thumb.jpg

I got stuck on an unmantained road in Missouri Valley Iowa once... you shoulda seen the look on the farmer's face when he saw TN tags. "You're from TN and your stuck in the middle of a field in Iowa? In a station wagon? Son... what are you doing out here?" hahaha... man, what a road trip that was.

Sweet!

Las time I pimp slapped my Brat like that I broke the strut top hat and the top of the strut backed down from its mount and ended up in the wheel well. :)

Memories... :)

Just gotta get time and money to get that damn Weber tuned for the 9.5:1 CCR motor I've got under the bonnet... I miss my Brat. :(

This car saved my life thank god for the built bumper in the front. I was going down a gravel road that was iced over and I could not loose speed fast enough when I came to a corner so I had a choice. Try to gun it once I got the nose around the corner or go straight on. I had about 30yds left to make my choice. I knew that if I guned it and still hit the ditch side ways I was dead so I went straight.. and the wrest was history.