Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to subi's. Need ideas for power upgrades on a 88 GL-10.

I don't think I will ever leave my toyotas in the dust. Seriously, they are my 4wheeling rigs, I even own a tubed framed competition rock crawler on 39" tires. This subi is just to get me from point A to point B. The reason I'm "lifting" it is just to get a larger tire under it.

In regards to the engine I know its a SPFI engine and as I've been told by a friend of mine who is really into subaru's he said that I found a rarer subaru than normal.

For power increases I am more than anything looking to just give it a little more power not anything substantial and increase my fuel milage. This car is fun but I never expect it to be a rocket ship. If I wanted a lot more power I would've bought a WRX or even and STI. I have driven both and absolutely love those cars. Maybe in the future but for right now the little GL will get me where I want to go.

btw here's my rockcrawler. I don't think the subaru could even come close offroad. haha

MCR5013.jpg

MCR5017.jpg

You on the NW-WHEELERS.com board? Your rig looks familiar. :cool:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for Info, those are the Pics of Buggys in my Country´s Streets:

I took those Photos while I was Drivin´ my Yellow Wagon...

:grin:

They're just chopped vee dubs aren't they? Nothing like a rock crawler! Still pretty fun. You can't barely touch a vehicle here without breaking the rules, that's why my car is so illegal...