Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What controls fuel pump on carb ea82?

I had dash apart, no ecu. The chiltons I have, only opened twice in pursuit of details mentions nothing, (same result when trying to decipher heaterbox). I have several fuel pumps, but realized my problem is the pump. It hardly runs at all ever, creating a problem where the 3.3 psi is utilized to atomize fuel/air. It is currently a slob with low/no pressure. I am aware of the simple fix of another fuel pump and regulator, but this question has my curiosity. With 3 subaru books and entire sections missing, I was hoping for some free advice. :)

edit: The setup I have to fix is simply a jdm regulator with guage from ebay (does anyone know if this is a bargain) and a subaru spfi pump with its mounting plate, to plug in and bolt up easily.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but carbs don't work that way. The pump only puts fuel into the float bowl. The bowl is vented, so there is NO PRESSURE IN THE BOWL, PUSHING THE GAS INTO THE CARB.

The suction as the air goes through the venturi SUCKS the gas out of the float bowl.

The SPFI pump is way high pressure. Even with a regulator, it is overkill.

I keep thinking some day, his universe will come into closer congruence with ours. BGD seems like a nice guy, and always trys to be helpful, and is not at all prone to going over the top when slagged on line, but physics seems to work differently where he lives.

I guess I am in the wrong club. I will inform anyone I know about it as well. To complain again will be half a dozen times. A moderator informed me to be misleading as well, on unique repairs I have to do- I am not leading anybody. I am seriously contemplating the legalities of some of the things said to me here. I regret being a part of it.

Fuel pumps kick on and off regardless of subaru. The carb is unique electrically as there is nothing obvious to say it has reached 3.3 lbs and float bowl full <- this is the last time I explain myself for the simpletons dishing out thier prejudice as some knowledgable helper. It would be a great pleasure if "McBrat" banned me and my username... Show off his usmb authority. I never got so much childish crap from people my own age ever (mcBrat: you left me as dumbfounded as some of the kid mentality remarks I have received. Thanks.). My communication skills and truth I have with Subarus are going elsewhere.

I never have had a question answered BTW.. Look through 1200 posts and all the questions I have asked. Not one straight answer. I donated my part for free, and have no regrets, it was part of my hobby coming here.

For those I have helped, great. Long live the old soobs. I sincerely would like to be banned now. Something is Incredibly lacking here, everything I have written proves it isn't me.

Could a moderator please erase my nick, and keep it banned... I'm outta here. The saddest part of my nearly everyday visits for over a year and a half: not one friend. Nobody in my locale is equally surprising. I have an open mind to be anywhere anytime to talk to anybody. This place as a majority does not.

Had fun most of the time. Thanks for the help and chats I did get as mature adults would.

I guess I am in the wrong club.

Yes

I will inform anyone I know about it as well.

Do that

To complain again will be half a dozen times. A moderator informed me to be misleading as well, on unique repairs I have to do- I am not leading anybody

:confused:

I am seriously contemplating the legalities of some of the things said to me here. I regret being a part of it.

Easy Fix. If you step into a conversation you don't like. Step out.

Fuel pumps kick on and off regardless of subaru. The carb is unique electrically as there is nothing obvious to say it has reached 3.3 lbs and float bowl full

Again - :confused:

It would be a great pleasure if "McBrat" banned me and my username... Show off his usmb authority.

No need. He has people like me to handle his light work.

My communication skills and truth I have with Subarus are going elsewhere.

:banana:

I never have had a question answered BTW..

How many intelligible questions have you asked?

I sincerely would like to be banned now.

With Pleasure.

Something is Incredibly lacking here

Amen to that

Could a moderator please erase my nick, and keep it banned... I'm outta here.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Man I have been wanting to do this for a while.