Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cool New Purchase With An Eerie Side (56K, take a nap)

Its gonna be awhile before I do any kind of stereo stuff, Ive been stuck doing wheel bearings, ball-joints, and U-joints out the wazzoo these last few weeks. Curt, your offer sounds good and ill keep you informed when I start doing that. Im waiting on when school finishes up for the semester so I can start working 40+ hours a week again.

What holds my radio up in my blue brat is a couple pieces of ply wood stapled together with blue cloth, tacky as could be, wires exposed and everything. Luckily I can snag the good one out of the white brat.

Bratman how about you upload some pics of your brat sometime, i would like to see your EJ series swap.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=70148

most of the progress is here, haven't done much else to it in a few weeks, except fighting the rear diff out of it last weekend, cold weather has hindered my efforts pretty bad,

however i did spend the better part of 4 hours sorting out the ej wiring harness friday:dead:

...Mellow Gold was a Beck album, wasn't it? :grin:

I do believe so.

I believe I'd try a bronze color, it's just dark enough not to stick out like a sore thumb, just gold enough you could call it gold. There's someone on here with a Loyale or GL10 EA82T four door that is a darker blue with bronze pugs, looks sweet.

Thought I could tell people that the whole blue car gold wheels craze started with the brats and they brought it back for the STi. I might do the bronze or I might just do a real high quality white, I dunno.

Well there is some partial truth to that...

The ea81t cars had gold in place of silver or chrome on all of the badging and side moldings/front bumper. And several of the darker color brat's, like black, maroon and the dark blue came with gold wheels on them.

Well there is some partial truth to that...

The ea81t cars had gold in place of silver or chrome on all of the badging and side moldings/front bumper. And several of the darker color brat's, like black, maroon and the dark blue came with gold wheels on them.

I had an '83 Wagon that was gold with gold wheels, came that way as far as I know, they hadn't been repainted.

Now that I have seen it, darkening the gold paint used does ALOT to tone down the "gaudy" factor that I typically find distasteful about gold paint..

in other words, dark gold == gooood... and I would NOT have thought so, without seeing it. thanks for the fotos!