Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It was in the news today that the next tribecca is getting a 3.6L engien that will use regular fuel. It is also getting a new nose that is less "dramatic" and a re design of the rear body. There als has been some tweaking to the seats to make it easier to get to the back seats.

At least subaru is listening,

nipper

Well they need to look at the lower end of the market too. Suzuki has a decent awd car for 17,000 (possibly where the european justy comes from). Not only is it electronic awd, but it has that magicl switch which lockes up the AWD to 36mph.

nipper

good point, Brucey. Im the last to knock any car strickly on its look. My first impression of the Tribecca was: Hmm, the front end of my first Saab, grafted to a Murano...but truly ugly, IMHO. If time proves it a worthy vehicle, than who cares? Unlike the Aztek, which is horrible looking AND a lousy car. LOL! Still a newbie, hope I havent stepped on more toes.. I cant WAIT to get to work tomorrow and drive my Subie out of the shop under its own power, for the first time in front of the crew.....

Since when do subaru owners bash other subarus for being ugly? :lol:

Looking back, I'd say that it started with the introduction of the Tribecca. . .

To me the real beauty of a car is what lays under the hood. In that respect, I cannot say that I have seen an ugly Subaru.

Looking back, I'd say that it started with the introduction of the Tribecca. . .

To me the real beauty of a car is what lays under the hood. In that respect, I cannot say that I have seen an ugly Subaru.

I have, but it also had a connecting rod sticking out the side of the block

along with choice words i do beleive i said "man thats ugly...."

nipper

Since when do subaru owners bash other subarus for being ugly? :lol:

Well, I've had new gen subaru people make fun of my old EA82 for being a POS. They didn't really seem to be subaru people -- just happened to have a new legacy GT that their daddy bought them though. The Tribeca... well, I'm not into minivans, made by subaru or anyone else, but I can see why subaru wanted to have an offering to court people who need a minivan. I'm not into sedans either. But I don't begrudge them for making sedans.

When they first came out, the local dealer did a lot of promotions on the car - test drive and get a 25 gift card and enter a drawing to win one. I test drove one, and didn't like it.

The engine was underpowered, would rather go for the 5 seater instead of the 7 seater, and thought the dash layout was poorly designed. When I put my hands on the steering wheel, they are at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions, and my thumbs were actually blocking my line of sight to the fuel and temp gauges. They were placed too low. Aside from the poor dash design, the inside was very nicely laid out and that was the only good thing about the Tribeca. I see far more Outbacks and Forresters around here. I saw a few Tribecas when they first came out, but then they kind of went in hiding. At the dealer where I take my car for servicing there are only 2 Tribecas on the lot, and about 12 Outbacks and 12 Forresters on the lot. It seems that the Outback and Forrester are the top sellers at the dealer. I hope with the re-design, the Tribeca will sell better. I'm hoping for a Subaru with a higher towing capacity than the measley 3000 pound limit. The Tribeca would become a full SUV, while the Outback would hold the cross-over market.

When I put my hands on the steering wheel, they are at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions, and my thumbs were actually blocking my line of sight to the fuel and temp gauges.

Now they say the standard is 4 and 8 o'clock because of the airbag. I find that terribly uncomfortable.

nipper

That first gen Tribecca is ugly. But look at the bright side, it will probably get better from here. I just wish Subaru would learn from Toyota.....they offered the Rav for years with YOUR CHOICE of either 2wd or 4wd. I would LOVE for my 2001 Forester to have just fwd.

That first gen Tribecca is ugly. But look at the bright side, it will probably get better from here. I just wish Subaru would learn from Toyota.....they offered the Rav for years with YOUR CHOICE of either 2wd or 4wd. I would LOVE for my 2001 Forester to have just fwd.

But doing that raises the cost of the vehical substaintially. Also (please dont stone me) if a forester was available in 2wd there would be other things i would look at first.

Its much cheaper to make one product then two with one drive line then with two.

nipper

Legacy Coupe with H-6 anyone? 300HP, Symetrical AWD, balanced chassis, BMW and Audi won't know what hit them. Back seat you can actually sit in, unlike Porsche 911 with AWD (Carrera 4). Hell, make the coupe a CONVERTIBLE OPTION!

MEMEMEMEME SIGN ME UP!

nipper

Now they say the standard is 4 and 8 o'clock because of the airbag. I find that terribly uncomfortable.

Personally, I find 9 and 3 to be optimal (rally driver style!).

Legacy Coupe with H-6 anyone? 300HP, Symetrical AWD, balanced chassis, BMW and Audi won't know what hit them. Back seat you can actually sit in, unlike Porsche 911 with AWD (Carrera 4). Hell, make the coupe a CONVERTIBLE OPTION!

Oh, heck yes!

Or perhaps a turbocharged version of the 3.0...400 ft. lbs...

It was in the news today that the next tribecca is getting a 3.6L engien that will use regular fuel. It is also getting a new nose that is less "dramatic" and a re design of the rear body. There als has been some tweaking to the seats to make it easier to get to the back seats.

At least subaru is listening,

nipper

That ugly mofo needs more than a little nose job. This is what I would do with that body --------------->:Flame:

Are there any convertibles made with AWD? I guess they figure it's two

different markets..but just think, Subaru could be the first one out with

an AWD ragtop! (or folding hardtop) A car for all seasons. :burnout:

Are there any convertibles made with AWD? I guess they figure it's two

different markets..but just think, Subaru could be the first one out with

an AWD ragtop! (or folding hardtop) A car for all seasons. :burnout:

They had one a while ago, it was the GL turbo in 1984

can you say "holy cowl shake batman"

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/subaru_history.html

Porsche and audi a4 have one, and there are AWD models in the price range of people who look down on our meger subarus.

nipper